Sales Associate/Product Specialist Job Description
Job Title: Sales Associate/Product Specialist
Reports To: Asst. Store Manager - Sales
Filmtools located in Burbank, California, the web's first store dedicated to supporting the Motion Picture Camera Department. Over the years Filmtools has expanded by supplying all studio production crews, independent filmmakers and students with industry supplies and support equipment.
Familiarity with all of the products Filmtools carries is essential for the successful candidate. This position includes working with vendors on new products, solving product issues and coordinating with the purchasing agent. In addition, this candidate will have experience with cashiering, customer service, and bring a wealth of expertise and technical knowledge to both new and existing customers in our store and on the telephone. The ideal candidate will also be able to put together systems big or small, which include camera, grip, lighting, etc. while sharing knowledge with customers. Strict adherence to manufacturer’s selling parameters required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs in-store customers to locations of merchandise on the sales floor.
- Provides all guests prompt and courteous service including greeting and thanking.
- Scans all merchandise presented by the guest (or uses correct Item #) using the cash register
- Makes correct change, processes credit/EBT cards and issues receipts.
- Accurately posts markdowns, voids, and processes returns within established guidelines.
- Responsible for new product training with vendors, which includes identifying training needs, assisting with training and documenting team member attendance
- Participation in the New Product Committee, which includes product research, communication with vendors and the ability to solve product/vendor issues in conjunction with the Purchasing Agent
- Attend trade shows and Company special events
- Responsible for “in-store” social media, especially the announcement of the arrival of new products and announcement of specials
- Put together systems big or small, which include camera, grip, lighting, etc. while sharing knowledge with customers.
- Hands-on/take charge person with the ability to work with the clients, enlightening and educating, suggesting additional items or steering to a better solution
- Consistently stays abreast of new product information from all manufacturers
- Enthusiastic attitude and outgoing personality required to bring an overall positive experience to our customers
- Demonstrates initiative, sense of urgency, and assertiveness and treats all customers with respect and dignity
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: Business or Technical School (Bachelor’s Degree Desired) or Equivalent preferably in Film and TV Production or similar emphasis
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with professional camera equipment
- Prior Cashiering & Customer Service experience preferred.
- Ability to hold self-accountable and willing to work overtime, weekends, flex schedule when needed
- Ability to diagnose and make minor adjustments to camera equipment a plus
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to work well in fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, use of Internet and social networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter
- Working knowledge of Cinematography
- Ability to hold self accountable and ability to promote a safe work environment
- Willing to work overtime, weekends, flex schedule when needed
- Experience with Everest retail software a plus
- Bilingual a plus
- Confidentiality required.
- For safety reasons, ability to read, write, and communicate in English is required.
- Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional publications.
- Must have ability to write professional correspondence.
- Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and customers.
- Intermediate math skills required
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand and talk or hear.
- The team member frequently is required to walk
- The team member is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- A portion of the team member’s time is located in an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions during tent sales and trade shows. The team member is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in this work environment is periodically loud.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.