Receiving Specialist Job Description
Job Title: Receiving Specialist
Reports To: Receiving Supervisor
Filmtools located in Burbank, the web's first store dedicated to supporting the Motion Picture Camera Department. Over the years Filmtools has expanded by supplying all studio production crews, independent filmmakers and students with industry supplies and support equipment.
Responsible for receiving, processing, and verifying incoming shipments in a deadline driven environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine contents of incoming shipments and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices or orders to verify accuracy.
- Requires accuracy and attention to detail. Any mistakes are extremely costly to the company.
- Experience in order fulfillment/pick pack environment required.
- Sort, prepare and load shipments for returns to vendors.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Maintain regular contact with personnel regarding the status, delivery and arrival of merchandise orders.
- Be alert to activities that may result in the loss of merchandise and report any incidents
- High School Diploma/GED with 2 to 3 years of job related experience.
- Requires accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in order fulfillment/pickpack environment required.
- Experience in order processing preferred.
- Must have great follow up skills.
- Must possess strong knowledge of UPS, FEDEX or equivalent carriers.
- Ability to hold self accountable, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to promote a safe work environment.
- Ability to work well in fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work overtime, weekends, flex schedule when needed.
- Enthusiastic attitude required to bring an overall positive experience to the workplace.
- Demonstrates initiative, sense of urgency, and assertiveness and treats all employees with respect and dignity.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, use of Internet preferred.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) in English.
- Confidentiality is required.
- For safety reasons, ability to read, write, and communicate in English is required.
- Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret shipping documents
- Must have ability to write business correspondence.
- Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisor and customers.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Basic math skills required
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Must be able to bend frequently, physically lift and carry up to 75 lbs. as well as work on feet for extended periods of time on a daily basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand up to 8 hours/day (with periodic overtime and with breaks) and talk or hear.
- The team member is frequently required to walk
- The team member is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
In Receiving Area and Offices:
- A portion of the team member’s time is located in the receiving area and in an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The team member is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in this work environment is periodically loud.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.