- Paypal Credit
Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens - Various Mounts
- Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Three FLD Elements, Four SLD Elements
- Four Aspherical Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor, Manual Override
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- TSC Material, Brass Bayonet Mount
The Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens is a unique wide-angle prime lens. The Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens is a part of the Art line of lenses, meaning it focuses on image quality and rendering while utilizing both FLD and SLD glass elements. These help to control chromatic aberrations and color fringing for notable clarity. The Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens also has four aspherical elements, including the front large-diameter precision molded glass element. These contribute to reducing distortion and spherical aberrations which in turn improves sharpness and accuracy.
Additionally, a Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast when working in strong lighting. Well-suited to astrophotography and low-light outdoor shooting, this lens presents a unique blend of a broad perspective and fast, flexible performance.
Complementing the optical performance is an equally adept Hyper Sonic Motor, which provides fast, smooth, and near-silent autofocus performance. This focusing motor also enables full-time manual focus override at any time just by rotating the focus ring for refined manual control and focusing as close as 10.6". The lens barrel is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite material, which supports working in a wide variety of temperatures and conditions, and the lens mount is constructed from brass for long-term durability and mounting accuracy.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Prime wide-angle lens is designed for full-frame mirrorless cameras, however it can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 21mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low and difficult lighting conditions.
- Three F Low Dispersion (FLD) and four Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements are featured in the optical design, and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Four aspherical elements, including one large, 80mm-diameter precision-molded glass aspherical element, help to minimize distortion and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens
- LC950-02 Front Lens Cover
- Rear Cap LCR II
- Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year North and South America Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension