The Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens is a wide-angle, fast prime lens that is a part of the Art series of Global Vision lenses from Sigma. The Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens pairs a sophisticated optical design with a robust physical construction. It is comprised of 15 elements in 11 groups, and the design includes two FLD elements, five SLD elements, and two aspherical elements, all of which help control chromatic and spherical aberrations. The Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens also limits distortion in the images for clean, sharp, and evenly illuminated imagery.
A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied to minimize surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy. The wide focal length and consistent image quality make this lens especially suitable for landscape, interior, architectural, and astrophotography applications, while the fast f/1.4 maximum aperture deems it ideal for natural and low-light shooting.
Complementing the optical performance is an equally adept Hyper Sonic Motor, which provides fast, smooth, and near-silent autofocus performance. This focusing motor also enables full-time manual focus override at any time just by rotating the focus ring for refined manual control and focusing as close as 10.9". The lens barrel is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite material, which supports working in a wide variety of temperatures and conditions, and the lens mount is constructed from brass for long-term durability and mounting accuracy. Additionally, this lens is also compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuned control over focusing parameters and other lens characteristics.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens' is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- The prime 24mm focal length offers a versatile wide-angle perspective when used on full-frame sensors, making it ideal for landscape, nature, interior, and architectural photography. When used with a APS-C-format sensor, the lens offers a 38.4mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- This lens has been designed using an advanced optical structure to achieve both high resolution and sharpness, along with consistent edge-to-edge illumination. A pair of aspherical elements, with one in the rear of the optical design, correct for sagittal coma flare, distortion, and axial chromatic aberration, while also enabling full use of the fast f/1.4 maximum aperture with maintained peripheral brightness and sharpness.
- Three FLD and four SLD glass elements have been incorporated within the lens design to correct for chromatic aberrations throughout the entire focusing range and help to ensure high image sharpness, clarity, and contrast regardless of focus point or aperture setting.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm helps to produce an attractive out-of-focus quality.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. The outside of the lens barrel is also engraved with the year of production.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability.
- The included lens hood is fitted with a rubber connection for a secure fit.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.