- Paypal Credit
Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Pearlescent 1/4 Filter
- Softens Contrast
- Reduces Sharpness
- Softens Highlights
- Pearlescent Effect on Highlights
The Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Pearlescent 1/4 Filter can be applied to purposely soften contrast and reduce sharpness. This can be useful for high-resolution digital cinematography in order to create a more flattering result of a subject by reducing the appearance of blemishes and softening highlights. Additionally, a pearlescent halo around highlights is created which can further enhance a subject's appearance or produce a desired effect.
The Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Pearlescent 1/4 Filter has a grade of 1/4. Grades of 1/8, 1/2, 1, and 2 are also available where this filter type's effect becomes approximately twice as strong with each grade number increase.
The Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Pearlescent 1/4 Filter is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch.
- Softens contrast and reduces sharpness
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes and softens highlights
- Creates pearlescent halo around highlights
- Padded pouch included for storage and transport
- Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Pearlescent 1/4 Filter
- Filter Pouch