RED DSMC2 REDVOLT Expander
- Designed for DSMC2 camera system
- Mounts to the back of the BRAIN
- Provides support for long-lasting REDVOLT XL batteries
- Includes protective baseplate
The RED DSMC2 REDVOLT Expander features a multitude of I/O connectors and functionality for the DSMC2 camera system. Designed for advanced configurations, the REDVOLT Expander mounts directly to the BRAIN and contains ports such as power in, Genlock, Timecode, GIG-E, and more. Output video with the two 3G-SDI outputs and HDMI port while a USB power output simultaneously supports wireless HDMI transmitters.
The DSMC2 REDVOLT Expander offers a removable audio module with two standard XLR connections for most professional audio needs. Each XLR input features a 3-position selector switch to designate the incoming audio signal type: Balanced Line Level, Balanced Mic Level, and Balanced Mic with +48V phantom power. Additionally, a 3.5mm line-level headphone jack lets you sample audio during takes and in playback mode.
The DSMC2 REDVOLT Expander also provides multiple auxiliary power outputs, enabling the use of peripheral camera accessories and more:
• A rear-facing 4-Pin 0B LEMO AUX PWR output supports Start/Stop Trigger IN, Tally OUT, and provides power out up to 1.5 Amps.
• A front-facing 2-Pin 0B LEMO AUX PWR port provides power output up to 3.0 Amps.
• A front-facing 7-Pin 0B LEMO SERIAL port provides power output up to 1.5 Amps. The SERIAL port is ideal for connecting to lens motor drivers.
• A rear-facing Timecode port offers 5V at 200 mA for powering external timecode devices.
• A rear-facing USB port offers 5V at 1.5 Amps for powering HDMI transmitters or small mobile devices.
• The two 3-Pin XLR audio ports in the audio module each offer +48V phantom power.
For hot-swap support when it matters most, the DSMC2 REDVOLT Expander also supports a single REDVOLT battery. Additional DSMC2-compatible batteries and power modules can be mounted for your changing power needs.
The DSMC2 REDVOLT Expander also features a selector switch that enables the BRAIN to automatically boot when power is provided via the DC IN connector on the expander. This feature allows you to use a connected DC input supply to turn the BRAIN on and off when the camera is mounted in remote or difficult to maneuver locations. This expander is the ideal solution for a variety of production environments, maximizing camera interface and functionality for the most demanding shoots.
NOTE: Only one (1) expander module can be used at a time.