Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens
- EF-Mount L-Series Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to 22
- Four GMo Aspherical Elements
- Air Sphere Coating
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Internal Focus; Full-Time MF Override
- Zoom Lock Switch; Fluorine Coating
- Dust- and Water-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 10-Blade Diaphragm
The Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Lens has exceptionally versatile zoom range from wide-angle to short telephoto, a constant f/4 aperture, and an outstanding build quality. Because of these qualities, it makes it an L-series lens. This version II of the popular lens makes improvements to image quality through the use of a new optical design with four glass-molded aspherical elements which helps to limit vignetting in your images. Also, it users an Air Sphere Coating to reduce ghosting and flaring.
A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor AF system provides fast and accurate autofocus while built-in optical image stabilization can help compensate for about 4 stops of shutter speed, minimizing the effects of camera shake. This lens also offers a zoom lock switch to prevent lens creep when not actively in use as well as an internal focus system. Full-time manual focus override is available for making adjustments regardless of the AF mode. Additionally, it has a rounded 10-blade aperture diaphragm for smooth out of focus elements.
As with all L-series lenses, this optic has a dust- and water-resistant construction thanks to numerous seals that prevent intrusion when working in inclement weather. It also uses a fluorine coating on the exposed front and rear elements to help prevent smudges and make cleaning easier.
- Standard wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens is designed for use with full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 38.4-168mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the zoom range.
- Four glass-molded aspherical elements, including one large-diameter double-sided glass-molded lens, help to minimize distortions and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to maintain edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination.
- An Air Sphere Coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce backlit flaring and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing design, optimized focusing algorithms, and a high-speed CPU, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded ten-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens has a weather-resistant design that protects against dust and moisture to enable its use in inclement conditions. Additionally, fluorine coatings have also been applied to the front and rear lens elements for further protection against fingerprints and smudging.