- Paypal Credit
Canon EOS Rebel SL2 DSLR Camera - Body Only
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- 3" 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- 9-Point AF System; Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Native ISO 25600, Extended to ISO 51200
- Up to 5 fps Continuous Shooting
- Feature Assistant; Microphone Input
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth
The Canon EOS Rebel SL2 DSLR Camera is a compact and lightweight camera body that provides users with a fully-featured system that would not also weigh them down. This tiny body contains a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor, which together creates sharp images in light conditions up to ISO 25600. It's extended sensitivities can reach up to ISO 51200. Video shooting boosts a Full HD 1080p with possible recordings at 60 fps. The additional 3.0" vari-angle touchscreen LCD allows the ability to work at odd anles and provides intuitive operation.
As a DSLR, the SL2 obviously retains the optical viewfinder for fast, natural composition of your images and it can shoot continuously at speeds up to 5 fps. This setup also features a 9-point AF system for capturing tack sharp images. If you are working in Live View or shooting video, the SL2 does offer Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology, providing fast, accurate focusing in these modes and with intuitive control via the touchscreen. Additionally, the SL2 has a microphone input for higher quality audio recording during movie shooting.
For those inclined to share their journeys, the SL2 features built-in Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth, making connecting to a smart device fast and simple. This setup permits wireless control over camera settings as well as the ability to transfer files to your phone. The SL2 also offers a Feature Assistant to help new shooters learn how to use the camera and its functions.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
Both a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor are used to deliver high sensitivity and fast camera performance to suit both stills and video applications. A flexible native ISO 100-25600 range, which can be extended to ISO 51200, suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the processing capabilities minimize noise for notable clarity. The processor also contributes to a fast 6 fps continuous shooting rate for photographing fast-moving subjects.
9-Point AF System and Dual Pixel CMOS AF
Benefitting stills shooting with the optical viewfinder, a 9-point phase-detection autofocus system provides quick and precise focusing in difficult lighting conditions. The center point is also a cross-type for enhanced accuracy and speed. When recording video, or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
Full HD 1080p Video Recording
In addition to stills recording, the SL2 also supports Full HD 1080p video recording at up to 60 fps in the MP4 format. Video recording is benefitted by the inclusion of Dual Pixel CMOS AF and the Movie Servo AF focusing functions, as well as the touchscreen design of the LCD monitor for intuitive control. Additionally, an external microphone jack is incorporated in the body design for greater control over your recorded sound.
Body Design and Other Features
- Large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a vari-angle design to better enable working from high and low angles
- Optical pentamirror viewfinder serves a clear means for eye-level shooting
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities
- Included LP-E17 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 820 shots per charge
- A Feature Assistant user interface is available to highlight and guide use of specific camera modes and features
- Canon EOS Rebel SL2 DSLR Camera (Black, Body Only)
- LP-E17 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack
- LC-E17 Charger for LP-E17 Battery Pack
- Eyecup Ef for Digital Rebel Cameras
- EW-400D Wide Strap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
|Battery Mount Type||Canon LP-E17 Series|
|Camera Format||APS-C (1.6x Crop Factor)|
|Warranty Coverage Range||$500-$749.99|