Canon XF100 HD Professional Camcorder Handheld Kit
- 1/3" CMOS Sensor
- 50Mbps MPEG-2 Recording
- 4:2:2 Color Sampling
- 60p/60i, 30p, 24p
- MXF File Format
- Dual CF Card Slots
- 10x HD Zoom Lens
- Multiple Bit Rates & Resolutions
- Dual XLR Inputs
- HDMI, Component, Composite Outputs
The Canon XF100 HD Professional Camcorder Handheld Kit is a great camera for those looking to jump into the wonderful world of filmmaking. This robust camera is lightweight and allows you to capture quickly, and efficiently. This documentary style camera is also great for event coverage or news broadcasting.
While sharing many of the capabilities of the Canon XF305 and XF300 Professional Camcorders, including the Canon XF Codec and Compact Flash (CF) recording, the Canon XF100 offers some exciting new features of its own. Whether used as a companion to the XF305 or XF300 or as a standalone camcorder, the Canon XF100 HD Professional Camcorder Handheld Kit is geared for a wide range of applications where high image quality, extreme portability, and efficient workflow are of the utmost importance. And with infrared recording and true stereoscopic 3-D production capabilities, the XF100 allows users to explore new creative outlets and emerging markets.
The Canon XF100 HD Professional Camcorder Handheld Kit utilizes Canon's XF Codec – a file-based MPEG-2 compression with an MXF File Wrapper that ensures the widest compatibility with existing industry infrastructure, metadata and non-linear editing (NLE) systems. The codec's 4:2:2 color sampling provides ultra-fine transitions in tone and color for maintaining the highest image quality needed for advanced post production processing. The XF100's newly developed Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens along with a Canon native 1920 x 1080 CMOS Image Sensor delivers exceptional image quality. The XF100 also offers multiple recording bit rates, resolutions and variable frame rates to expand creative flexibility, allowing users to work in virtually any production environment.
- Canon’s XF Codec is supported by the industry’s leading manufacturers: ADOBE, APPLE, Avid and Grass Valley. This ensures the widest compatibility with existing infrastructure and non-linear editing (NLE) software.
- Newly designed and manufactured exclusively by Canon, the XF100 Professional Camcorder incorporates a native 1/3-inch, 1920 x 1080 CMOS Image Sensor, delivering superb Full HD video recording with minimal noise. The high sensitivity and wide dynamic range of this sensor are what demanding users expect from Canon. Slow and fast motion shooting is supported for greater flexibility in creative choice and its compactness contributes greatly to the small, super handy size of the XF100 and its outstanding usability in the field.
- The XF100 has the ability to be paired with another XF100 or XF100 camcorder to provide true stereoscopic 3-D recording. It offers several features to ASSIST with 3-D production including: genlock* for syncing the camcorders.
- The XF100 Professional Camcorder features a 0.24-inch, 260,000 Dot Color EVF and approximately 100% field of view coverage for comfortable viewing and accurate judgment of composition. Brightness, contrast, color and backlight are adjustable. The angle of the viewfinder is adjustable up and down through 68º for additional user comfort and when using the LCD display for monitoring.