Canon EOS C100 Cinema Camera with Dual Pixel CMOS AF Feature Upgrade - Body Only
- Super 35mm 8.3MP CMOS Sensor
- 1920x1080 60/50i, 24/25p, PF30, PF24
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF Hardware Upgrade
- EF Lens Mount
- ISO 320 to 80,000
- Uncompressed HDMI Output with Timecode
- Canon Log and Wide DR Gamma
- Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slots
- Two XLR Audio Connectors
- Built-In ND Filters with Manual Controls
The Canon EOS C100 Camera with Dual Pixel CMOS AF Feature Upgrade is an updated version of Canon's compact Cinema EOS camera designed for event videographers, documentarians, and independent filmmakers. This updated version provides a new continuous autofocus function for all Canon autofocus lenses, using Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology. This new feature provides faster and more accurate autofocusing to assist users when operating with small crews.
The Canon EOS C100 Camera with Dual Pixel CMOS AF Feature Upgrade uses the same Super 35mm Canon CMOS sensor and DIGIC DV III image processor as its big brother, the C300. With an EF lens mount, the camera is compatible with the full range of Canon EF, EF-S, and EF Cinema lenses. This is particularly useful for DSLR shooters who have already invested in Canon lenses. The camera uses the AVCHD codec to record 1080p video up to 24 Mbps. It supports dual SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards which, thanks to the efficient AVCHD codec, allows you to record nearly three hours of HD video on a single 32GB card. For professional applications, you can also record clean, uncompressed 4:2:2 video with embedded timecode via the HDMI output.
The ergonomic design of the Canon EOS C100 Camera with Dual Pixel CMOS AF Feature Upgrade is streamlined to support one-person shoots. Weighing only 2.2 pounds in its basic configuration, the camera's flexible modular design supports a variety of shooting styles. Additional features such as One-Shot AF and Push Auto Iris allow operators to spend less time checking camera settings and more time capturing cinematic footage.
- This hardware upgrade provides an autofocus mode to help ensure sharp focus and smooth focus transitions. It provides a new Continuous AF (Autofocus) function for all autofocus lenses, using Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology. A new AF Lock setting also lets you change the image framing while holding the desired focus. This feature is ideal for users who regularly shoot with smaller crews, who shoot moving subjects, or who want smoother, more natural-looking autofocus.
- With an extended ISO range from 320 to 80,000, the EOS C100 is even more sensitive to light than it was before. This lets you shoot usable footage during low-light and night shoots, even when using available or ambient lighting as your main light source. Being able to operate under lower light levels means you can work quickly with smaller crews and resources, ideal for low-budget and independent filmmakers.
- The firmware update adds Peripheral Illumination Correction Data for several Canon EF and Canon Cinema lenses. By maintaining even illumination from corner to corner of each image frame, Peripheral Lens Correction helps eliminate vignetting and other unevenness of light across the sensor, using specific lens characteristics such as focal length, aperture, and distance settings. Visit Canon's website for a complete listing of supported lenses.