The JVC GY-HC900CHU 2/3" HD Connected Broadcast Camcorder is a professional camera that is designed for ENG, studio and sports settings. The camera features three 2/3" CMOS sensors that help produce images with high sensitivity, low noise, and wide dynamic range. With support for the broadcast-popular MPEG-2 35/25 Mb/s, and production-quality MOV/H.264 formats, the JVC GY-HC900CHU provides a variety of recording options to suit your projects. Additionally, the camera comes with Dual SD card slots enable redundant, relay, and backup recording modes.
Capture options include 1080p video at up to 120 fps for slow-motion shots, 1080p or 720p Sports Exchange Standard format recording, 50 Mb/s 4:2:2 10-bit recording (H.264), and standard MPEG-2 recording at rates up to 35 Mb/s. A built-in, long-range, MIMO dual-antenna Wi-Fi unit enables live streaming at rates up to 1080p60/50 with a latency rate as low as <500 ms. The GY-HC900CHU features a LAN terminal in addition to a USB 3.0 host port. An optional dual-modem bonding unit is available separately.
In Extended mode, the JVC GY-HC900CHU has a sensitivity rating of f/12 at 60 Hz, and f/13 at 50 Hz with 2000 lux. Standard mode has a 62 dB S/N ratio, and HDR recording is available in Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) or in a 10-bit J-Log. IP return video and IFB audio make communications between production and cast/crew a breeze.
Camera body features include an industry-standard B4 lens mount, an OLED viewfinder, and an IPX2 splash-proof rating. Interfaces include one HDMI, one composite, and two 3G-SDI outputs, one 3G-SDI pool input, a 68-pin fiber connector, and two 3-pin XLR and one 5-pin XLR audio connectors. The camera also incorporates an additional slot for potential future expansion.
- Three 2/3" CMOS sensors produce images with high sensitivity, low noise, and a wide dynamic range
- Low-latency, stable live streaming in 1080p at 50/60 fps
- Can record in Sports Exchange Standard 1080p/720p formats
- Industry-standard B4 lens mount
- Records in 50 Mb/s Long GOP 10-bit 4:2:2, and 35 Mb/s standard MPEG-2
- Dual SD card slots enable redundant, relay, and backup recording modes
- Two 3G-SDI outputs, one 3G-SDI input for pooling
- 68-pin interface connects directly to optional FS-900 fiber back
- Simultaneous decoding for return video and IFB audio, ZiXi error correction