- Paypal Credit
Lensbaby Velvet 56mm f/1.6 Lens (Various)
- Aperture Range: f/1.6 to f/16
- Singlet-Doublet-Singlet Optical Design
- Soft Glowing Effect at Wide Apertures
- Inspired by Classic Portrait Lenses
- 1:2 Magnification, 5" Working Distance
- Manual Focus and Exposure Control
- All-Metal Lens Barrel
- Filter Thread: 62mm
The Lensbaby Velvet 56mm f/1.6 Lens is a optic lense that produces a unique soft, glowing image quality that is great for expressive and ethereal portraits. These lenses often show a reminiscent thought of the old classic 20th century lenses. Overall, the softness can be controlled by the stops while retaining the smooth tonality of the soft focus.
Compatible with full-frame image sensors, this slightly longer-than-normal focal length pairs with the fast f/1.6 maximum aperture to excel in difficult lighting and achieve a shallow depth of field with controllable sharpness. Additionally, for increased creative versatility, the lens also offers a 1:2 maximum magnification and a minimum working distance of 5" for macro shooting. Housed within a black metal barrel, this lens also features smooth, dampened manual focus control to further benefit creative flexibility. Consistent with Lensbaby's aim of purveying selective focus capabilities and a unique velvety image quality, the Velvet 56mm f/1.6 is a versatile tool that marries classical looks with contemporary control.
- Portrait-length 56mm focal length is compatible with full-frame format sensors as well as APS-C format sensors, where it will provide an 89.6mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.6 maximum aperture offers extensive control over selective focus and shallow depth of field, and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- The unique singlet-doublet-singlet lens design renders imagery with a soft, smooth, and glowing image quality reminiscent of mid-20th century portrait lenses.
- Softness can be controlled by stopping-down the lens: when stopped-down to f/16, the image exhibits a smooth quality with greater central sharpness.
- A 1:2 maximum magnification ratio and 5" minimum working distance enable working with close-up subjects.
- Black all-metal lens barrel with engraved aperture and focus markings.
- Manual focus design with a smooth, dampened focusing movement is complemented by engraved focus distance indicators.
- Manual exposure control requires stop-down metering and manual setting of the aperture.
- Lensbaby Velvet 56mm f/1.6 Lens (Black)
- Front and Rear Lens Caps
- Limited 1-Year Warranty