- Paypal Credit
RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera
- Author: Noah Kadner
- Paperback: 360
- Publisher: Peachpit Press: 2010
- ISBN: 9780132104739
RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera by Noah Kadner is a guide to unleash the potential of the RED ONE. The release of the RED ONE digital cinema camera made the possibility of recording stunning, cinematic-quality images with an affordable camera a reality. Now that the industry has embraced the nascent technology and added new tools and workflows, filmmakersﾗfrom independents on upﾗare leading the charge on establishing new rules.
Here to guide newcomers and RED veterans alike, popular trainer and filmmaker Noah Kadner picks up where the manual leaves off. Youﾒve got the basic operations down and now youﾒll learn how to use the camera in a production environment and discover the various options in post. Using a clear, objective approach, he offers best-practice advice on utilizing REDﾒs proprietary tools, explains the workflows for Final Cut Studio, Avid, and Premiere Pro, and gives workaround solutions where needed. Well-known filmmakers and industry leaders share their own bleeding-edge production methodologies throughout, offering a rare view into this exciting new world of film making.
Here are just a few things youﾒll learn to do:
- Build a RED package that fits your budget
- Set up for sound recording and learn which audio tools to use
- Achieve the optimal exposure using REDﾒs onboard tools and external gear
- Edit your footage with step-by-step instructions for Avid, Final Cut Pro, and Premiere Pro
- Work color correction into your HD, film, or Web projects
- Prep your project for output and archive your footage
- Learn from pros such as Rodney Charters, ASC (DP, 24), Simon Duggan, ACS (DP, Knowing), Albert Hughes (Director, The Book of Eli), and many others using RED
- Stay up-to-date and download additional resources at the companion Web site.
- "If you want to dive in and starting using the RED, look no further. This book is the next best thing to having a top-notch production crew with RED experts working by your side." ﾗArthur Albert, Director of Photography, ER
- "An essential guide loaded with knowledge, I recommend it as the first purchase for any filmmaker who is thinking about owning or currently owns the RED." ﾗRodney Charters, ASC, Director of Photography, 24
- "If you're planning to shoot with the RED camera, this is the book to get!" ﾗRob Cohen, Director, The Fast and the Furious
- "Noah Kadner takes the best practices of using the RED camera and shares them with the rest of us in this indispensable guide." ﾗSimon Duggan, ACS, Director of Photography, Live Free or Die Hard, Knowing
- "Written in an easy-to-follow style, yet thorough in covering everything from production to post-production to making money from your investment, this is a book that should be on every filmmakerﾒs desk and in their kit bag." ﾗNorman Hollyn, Film Editor, Instructor, and author of The Lean Forward Moment
- "If you want to see how the pros are using the RED camera, you need this book." ﾗNancy Schreiber, ASC, Cinematographer, Every Day