Schneider Optics 4 x 5.65" True-Cut 750 IR Filter
- 4x5.65" Schneider Optics True-Cut 750 IR Filter
- Fits a panavision sized filter holder
- Filters out the infrared spectrum,
- Allows wider lens angles without producing unwanted tints or effects
- Rich true blacks and true colors
This Schneider Optics True-Cut 750 IR Filter fits a panavision(4x5.65) sized filter holder. The 750 IR Filter serves your digital needs by effectively filtering out the infrared spectrum, but also allowing wider lens angles without producing unwanted tints or effects.
Designed for video cameras that have significant amounts of IR light contamination which causes colors to have a red-color tint, the Schneider Optics True-Cut IR Filter eliminates all invisible light from 750nm and above. The result is true rich true blacks and true colors that will truly deliver what high definition is all about.
When shooting, this filter should hit the light first, and therefore be placed in the most front position of your matte box. The IR filter is recommended for the Red One as it is extremely susceptible to infrared light.
This filter is particularly effective when using high-density neutral density filters that help control depth of field. As the iris on the lens becomes larger, the danger from IR contamination becomes more prevalent. By using this filter, colors become more vibrant and true.
- Used mainly on digital and video cameras with CCD sensors without an integrated IR protection filter, because the IR sensitivity of the CCD sensor would otherwise cause color changes and unsharpness
- That unsharpness results from the chromatic aberration of the lenses that are only corrected for visible light
- In the visible range, the transmission curve is very high and straight