- Paypal Credit
Schneider Optics Day for Night Water White Glass Filter (Various Square Sizes)
- Simulate nighttime moonlit scenes
- Slight aquamarine tint with neutral density
- Reduces exposure by 4 stops
- Crystal clear, water-white optical glass
The Schneider Optics Day for Night Filter is used by cinematographers to simulate nighttime moonlit scenes, while actually shooting during daylight. Shooting during daylight can dramatically reduce the need for lighting, therefore lower production costs, and opens up more shooting schedule options.
This filter combines a slight aquamarine tint with neutral density for a realistic illusion of night time. It reduces exposure by 4 stops, although exposure compensation is typically only 2 stops, resulting in underexposure that enhances the illusion. When doing Day for Night shots it is essential to control sky exposures, often by leaving the sky out of the shot. If the sky must be in the shot, ND Grad filters and Polarizing filters can be used to darken the sky.
- Schneider solid color filters feature crystal clear, water-white optical glass, protected against edge-chipping and delamination by Schneider's unique Edge Seal, which also significantly reduces edge reflections and flare
Schneider Quality Control
- Schneider filters are ground and polished to a precise flatness and plane parallelism
- Because all Schneider filters are designed and manufactured with the highest possible degree of consistency, you can swap like filters mid-shoot with no discernible variation in color or effect