Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro On-Board Mic
- High quality stereo microphone with integrated shock mount designed for videographers and music recording
- Features an ergonomic form factor perfectly suited to DSLRs, consumer camcorders and large-sensor video cameras
- Integrated shock mounting system provides superior isolation from vibration
- Features a +20dB level boost specifically designed to provide a higher quality signal with DSLR cameras
- When activated, the typically low quality camera preamp level can be reduced, resulting in a lower noise floor and much clearer recording
The RODE Stereo VideoMic Pro is a high quality stereo microphone with integrated shock mount designed for videographers, and is ideal for recording music, and the atmospheric ambience essential in building a realistic audio scene.
Based around a matched pair of high sensitivity ½”cardioid condenser capsules in a coincident XY pair, the Stereo VideoMic Pro provides a wide stereo image with natural depth.
The Stereo VideoMic Pro builds on the feature set of the VideoMic Pro, with an ergonomic form factor perfectly suited to DSLR, consumer camcorders and large-sensor video cameras. The integrated shock mounting system provides superior isolation from vibration and mechanical noise that can otherwise degrade the recording quality. Additionally the lightweight yet robust multi-strand cable provides excellent acoustic decoupling from the camera and offers significantly lower noise transference than traditional audio cable.
The user friendly designed rear of the microphone body features the power and equalisation controls, including a high pass filter at 75Hz which is designed to cut out the noise generated by air conditioning, traffic and other undesirable low frequency interference.
A -10dB PAD allows the user to reduce the sensitivity of the microphone, making it suitable for recording loud sound sources such as live music or at sporting events.
Like the VideoMic Pro, the Stereo VideoMic Pro features a +20dB level boost specifically designed to provide a higher quality signal with DSLR cameras. When activated, the typically low quality camera preamp level can be reduced, resulting in a lower noise floor and much clearer recording.
Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro Specifications
|Acoustic Principle||Pressure Gradient|
|Active Electronics||JFET impedance converter|
|Frequency Range||40Hz - 20kHz|
(@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
-38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal
(12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
|Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted)||20dB-A|
|Power Options||9V Battery|
|Dimensions||130.00mmH x 66.00mmW x 108.00mmD|
|Warranty||1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration here|