Launch a wide spectrum of brightness and color into your studio with the ARRI Orbiter LED Light with Large Dome Optics (Blue/Silver, Edison, Manual), a tuneable color light system with a powerful color engine and versatile, changeable optics. This black model features Large Dome optics, an Edison power connector, and features a manually operated yoke mount.
Sporting a processor four times faster than the Skypanel, ARRI's 190-LED Spectra system features a wide range of color features allowing you to create an enormous range of colors with its six-color light engine including red, green, blue, amber, cyan, and lime LEDs. Sporting a high CRI of 98 and a TLCI of 95, it features a 2000 to 20,000K color temperature range to match just about any lighting situation, and it also features 100 to 0% dimming with smooth, continuous adjustment. The light also features multiple sensors, including a smart color sensor mode to sense the surrounding light and adjust its output for fine color accuracy, a 3-axis accelerometer that senses pan, tilt, and roll movements, an ambient light sensor to keep your display readable, heat sensors to keep the light cool, and even a magnetometer to orient your light within its geography.
The Orbiter features a highly portable design that can change its optics with a breeze using ARRI's Quick Lighting Mount (QLM), a bayonet-style connection similar to a camera lens mount. Available optics include 15, 30, and 60° open face optics that produce a directional beam; 15, 25, and 35° projection optics that produce a sharp, focused beam with evenly distributed color; and small, medium, and large domes that provide a large area of soft light. The light can also be used with separately available light banks, barn doors, honeycombs, and other light-shaping accessories with the appropriate adapter.
Using ARRI's Lighting Operating System (LiOS), you can control all color modes, effects, and lighting grids right from the built-in control panel. LiOS features eight color modes such as CCT, HSO, RGBACL, Gel select, X/Y coordinates, source matching, effects, and a custom mode that allows you to save over 240 favorites which can be applied to a DMX or interface. It also has three operational modes—high color rendering, high output, and low noise—for your preferred mode performance. The light's bright color control panel is also removable and can be used remotely with the included 15' extension cable. Interfaces include 5-pin DMX in and out, two LAN ports, two USB Type-A ports, a USB Type-C port, and an SD slot for future upgrades. It also features a sync input for future applications that will sync with your camera.
The light is powered by its internal power supply using a powerCON AC cable, and it can also be powered from a DC source using a 3-pin XLR connector. The light is weatherproof and can resist dust and water splashes. Its redesigned mounting points secure the included yoke for positioning with a +/-90° tilt, and the yoke features a standard 1 1/8" Junior pin mounting point.
Orbiter Models and Attachments
- Orbiter models include an Optic-Free; Small, Medium, and Large Dome; 15, 30, and 60° Open Face; and 15, 25, and 35° Projection versions. ARRI offers a range of open face and projection optics (lens housings), domes, softboxes, snoots, and barn doors. The interchangeable optics quickly and easily attach to the front of the light using the new QLM (quick lighting mount) system, which functions like a giant camera lens mount.
- Inside each Orbiter is the Spectra light engine with a processor four times faster than ARRI's SkyPanel series and 125 times the memory, with plenty of room for future function updates. To produce extra-fine full-color tuning, the light engine adds amber, cyan, and lime to the standard red, green, and blue LED colors in its 190-LED array. Capable of creating hard shadows with defined edges, the Orbiter's engine is 76 times smaller than an ARRI L10 Fresnel but has a greater output while drawing the same amount of power.
LiOS (Light Operating System)
- Building upon features first introduced with the SkyPanel, ARRI's LiOS system also features a simplified DMX mode, more than 240 presets, optics recognition, optimal performance modes, and multi-language support for worldwide use. Eight different color modes include CCT, HSI, individual color, x/y coordinates, gel, source, matching, and an ambient color sensor.
Full Suite of Sensors
- The Orbiter has an integrated suite of sensors which includes an ambient color sensor that recreates shifts in both color and intensity in your surroundings and features two modes, continuous and momentary. Use the momentary to get an instant measurement of your light levels, or switch to continuous mode to continuously adapt to changing light in an event space, etc. Its 3-axis accelerometer senses the Orbiter's pan, tilt, and roll, and that metadata can be used in future applications for placement optimization and effects production. It also includes a magnetometer that offers true global direction, an ambient light sensor that will automatically dim your control panel display, and a heat sensor that ensures safe operation in any temperature.
- The Orbiter has an estimated LED lifetime of 50,000 hours. Its yoke mounts onto a Junior pin, and it consumes a nominal 400W and a maximum 500W. It features an aluminum build with +/- 90° quick release yoke, a powerful tilt lock, and manual operation. A full suite of connectors includes DMX in, DMX out, two LAN, one USB Type-A 1.5A, one USB Type-A 0.5A, and one USB Type-C 1.5A port plus an SD card slot.