- Paypal Credit
Filmtools Medium Weight Camera Suction Cup Mount Starter Kit for Cars
- Professional quality kit made from our own custom components and off-the-shelf hardware and supplies
- Foundation on which we build our more robust camera mounts from, yet its very functional on it's own
- Can mount a camera directly to the plate and adjust the plate to the angle you want
- Available for anyone who needs to make Major Studio shots from car and boat exteriors
- Load factor of 210 pounds
Filmtools Medium Weight Vacuum / Suction Cup Camera Car Mount Starter Kit is a professional quality kit made from our own custom components. With this starter kit you can achieve professional quality moving vehicle shots. The suction cup base will not damage your vehicle when taking the mount kit on or off, and you can easily modify your Filmtools Medium Weight Vacuum / Suction Cup Camera Car Mount Starter Kit to fit your individual shot needs. This kit comes with all the essential elements needed for car mounted shots. Of course, you can always add onto the Filmtools Medium Weight Vacuum / Suction Cup Camera Car Mount Starter Kit to get even more advanced vehicle shots.
The Car Camera Mount kit consists of:
- One cheese plate: 7.5" x 10" x 3/8" (Camera platform).
- Six Matthews full-sized 2.5" Grip Heads
- Three Stainless Steel Rods. 5/8" x 12"
- Six 5/8" Aluminum Studs with 3/8-16" hole
- Three 6" Cups w/ 3/8-16" stud
- One Safety Tie-Down Strap
- Three 3/8-16 Countersunk Allen Bolts
- One 3/8-16 Camera Tie Down Bolt
- One Pelican 1520 Case with Dividers
- Weight 16.00 Pounds
You can mount a camera directly to the plate and adjust the plate to the angle you want. Finally, a professional automotive camera mount kit is available for anyone who needs to make Major Studio shots from car and boat exteriors. Filmtools has packaged our own products, 5/8" standard grip hardware and vacuum cps to create the first professional car mount kits of their kind. Now that we've been selling these, we are noticing some inferior products attempting to compete with ours...so be aware and pay attention. Insist on a car mount by Filmtools
With our camera mounting system, your custom camera mount installations are limited only by your imagination. Each 6" cup, when mounted on a horizontal surface, can hold seventy vertical pounds. When combining them in triangular arrangements, the load factor is staggering; 210 pounds. For safety's sake, when mounting the cups on a vertical surface we derate a standard 3-cup-mount to 50 pounds total.
The kit is designed for prosumer lightweight video cameras and camcorders, and for professional videographers and 16mm cinematographers as well. Owners have found a new freedom since they don't have to hire grips and their heavy-duty equipment just to rig a camera on an automobile. An average car mount takes less than ten minutes to set up, saving valuable production time.
As your demands increase, additional legs, cups and spuds can be purchased. C-Stand Arms work great as legs, in either 20" or 40" lengths, and they have a 2.5" grip head on one end, which attaches to the 5/8" spuds. Remember: Always utilize a safety strap when using suction cups.
Vacuum cups employ the force of atmospheric pressure to grip a surface: When a vacuum exists between the cup and the surface on which it is attached, the weight of Earth's atmosphere holds the cup in place with incredible force. Unlike suction cups that produce a vacuum as they pull away from the surface, Powr-Grip� vacuum cups use a hand-actuated pump to efficiently remove air from between the rubber pad and the attaching surface--thus creating a much more reliable hold. Because the full face of the pad is brought into contact with the surface, distortion is reduced, allowing the cup to be used on materials of almost any thickness with little risk of damage.
The vacuum cup's pump features a plunger with a red line, which serves as a vacuum indicator. Introduced by Wood's Powr-Grip in the 1960's, this safety device is still recognized as one of the most reliable warning systems available. A few strokes of the plunger evacuate the vacuum pad, causing it to seal securely to the attaching surface. When the cup is attached completely, the plunger stops moving and the red line is hidden within the pump. A visible red line indicates that air has leaked back into the pad, making vacuum insufficient to use the cup. However, if the red line becomes visible while the cup is in use, a check valve allows the user to repump the cup without losing the remaining vacuum.
Lifting on the release tab near the edge of the pad allows air to refill the evacuated space, so that the vacuum cup detaches completely.
Guide to Maintenance, Troubleshooting, and Repair
- (1) Cheese plate: 7.5" x 10" x 3/8" (Camera platform).
- (6) Matthews full-sized 2.5" Grip Heads
- (3) Stainless Steel Rods. 5/8" x 12"
- (6) 5/8" Aluminum Studs with 3/8-16" hole
- (3) 6" Cups w/ 3/8-16" stud
- (1) Safety Tie-Down Strap
- (3) 3/8-16 Countersunk Allen Bolts
- (1) 3/8-16 Camera Tie Down Bolt
- (1) Pelican 1520 Case with Dividers