- Paypal Credit
Core SWX Short Form Factor Hotswap Shark-Fin Mount Battery Mount (V-Mount, 4 x D-Taps)
- Hot Swap Battery Adapter
- Mounts on V-Mount Battery Plate
- Four Unregulated D-Tap Outputs
The Core SWX GPTS V-Mount Hot Swap Mount Adapter is a short form factor Hotswap Shark-fin adapter that mounts directly to the existing v-type plate on the camera. Core SWX Hot Swap Mount Adapter allows for continuous battery operation, and for additional accessories, it has 4 power taps. Since the batteries aren’t ‘stacked’ on one another, you can easily remove the depleted battery while leaving the other battery connected so that there is no downtime thanks to the V-Mount Hot Swap Mount Adapter by Core SWX.
To insure there is enough power in one of the packs to facilitate a hot-swap either stagger the packs when in discharge(start operating with one pack on, and then place another pack on after 10min. of usage) or exchange one of the depleted packs off the hot-swap mount when 10% is remaining. This way the remaining pack will have ample power to carry the load of the rig.
The Shark-Fin also incorporates four D-Taps for accessory power. These D-Taps are unregulated, and will deliver from 11 to 17 VDC, which will power most cinema accessories.
- The batteries mount in parallel which allows the voltage of each to remain essentially unaffected by adding or removing a battery to the Shark-Fin. However, it is recommended that you use matching capacity batteries in a similar charge state.
- For example if a fully charged battery (16.8V) and a fully depleted battery (11V) are used together, the circuitry will divert the load to the fully charged battery and your camera will see the higher voltage, not an average. So there is no need to worry about accidentally hot swapping a depleted battery on as long as the existing battery has enough power to maintain camera power.
- The Shark-Fin will draw from both batteries as long as they are in the acceptable voltage range. Once one battery drops below that range (11 VDC) the Shark-Fin will stop drawing from it.
- Core SWX batteries also have protection circuitry to prevent being charged from one another.
- Core SWX Short Form Factor Hotswap Shark-Fin Mount Battery Mount (V-Mount, 4 x D-Taps)
- Limited 1-Year Warranty