Canon 24mm Sumire Prime T1.5 - PL Mount
- 4K Cine Lens
- Covers Full Frame & Super 35 Sensors
- Nuanced Image Characteristics
- T1.5 Maximum Aperture, 11-Blade Iris
- Minimized Focus Breathing
- Dual Focus Markings on Angled Surfaces
- Same Gear Positions Among Sumire Primes
The Canon 24mm Sumire Prime T1.5 is a manual focus prime lens offering a high degree of precision and consistent focus. The 24mm Sumire covers full frame and Super 35 sensor formats, providing center-to-edge resolution that supports 4K production and features a PL mount with focus scales marked in feet. Designed with the goal of creating pleasing facial close-ups across all ages, genders, and ethnicities, the Sumire lens series will give you the detail you're looking for. This effect is increased as the lens approaches its widest aperture. The 24mm offers a maximum T-stop of 1.5 and has an 11-blade iris that provides round natural-looking, out-of-focus highlights for a pleasing bokeh and the lens barrel features 300° smooth rotation from close focus to infinity.
The lens is designed to minimize focus breathing. It offers focus distance markings on both sides of the barrel, with the rear markings on an angled surface, making it readable from either side of the camera. Some of the markings are done in phosphorescent paint, making them easier to see them in dim conditions. All lenses in the Sumire series share the same 114mm front barrel diameter, focus rotation, and focus and iris gear positions, allowing for easier lens swaps.
- The Sumire Prime Lens series features a nuanced look as the lens aperture approaches its maximum setting. This subtly modifies the textural renderings of the human facial close-up and a pleasing bokeh.
- The lens features a large-diameter aspheric lens and anomalous dispersion glass, for high-resolution image reproduction from image center to image edge. The lens produces warm color tones that help to softly capture facial expressions, and shares a unified color balance with other Canon Cinema lenses.
- The 11-blade clickless iris produces artistic and beautiful out-of-focus areas, creating a more three-dimensional bokeh. The use of an odd number of blades helps reduce flaring of specular highlights.
- The Sumire Prime Lens series features a unified front diameter (114mm), rotation angle (300°) and gear position on the focus and iris rings.
- The focus and iris rings are designed to maintain a consistent amount of resistance and operating torque in order to help provide the camera operator or assistant with predictable lens operation.
- Lens markings are displayed on both sides of the lens. To improve visibility in dim light conditions, indicator markings with phosphorescent paint have been adopted for the front barrel for right-side viewing.