Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM Lens
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/32
- One Fluorite Element and Two UD Elements
- Super Spectra Coating
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Internal Focus, Focus Range Limiter
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
The Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM Lens is a compact, lightweight lens that offers updated stabilization and performance. The telephoto zoom is extremely versatile, being ideal for use at events, to follow sports subjects, or to capture portraits. Its constant f/4 maximum aperture balances out consistent performance and portability for this zoom. With the lens, chormatic aberrations and color fringing are greatly reduced thanks to the optical design that includes a pair of UD elements and one fluorite element. When working in harsh lighting and backlit conditions, flare and ghosting are controlled with a Super Spectra coating, offering greater contrast and color accuracy.
Version II of this popular lens also sees the inclusion of a revised Optical Image Stabilizer, which now compensates for five stops of camera shake and offers three distinct stabilization modes to suit different shooting applications. A ring-type USM and internal focusing mechanism also afford quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance, as well as full-time manual focus override. Additionally, this lens is weather-sealed for use in trying environmental conditions.
- Versatile telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs however, it can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 112-320mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture affords consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also contributes to the relatively lightweight design and compact form factor.
- One fluorite element and two ultra-low dispersion glass elements noticeably reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color fidelity.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to five shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. Additionally, three dedicated image stabilization modes are available (Standard, During Exposure Only, and Panning) and can be selectively employed to suit a variety of types of shooting.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing system, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Focus Limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to two different ranges to suit different applications: 3.3'-infinity or 9.8'-infinity.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Optional AII(WII) Tripod Mount Ring is available and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.
You may also be interested in
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Lens$1,999.00
Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Lens$1,549.00
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Lens$419.99
Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens$199.99
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens$2,099.00
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens$1,899.00
Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Lens$509.99
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Lens$799.99