Canon EOS C200B EF Cinema Camera with Accessory Kit - No Viewfinder
- Super 35mm CMOS Sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF Technology
- Dual DIGIC DV 6 Processors
- 4K DCI and UHD, 1920 x 1080
- 59.94/50/29.97/25/24/23.98p & 120p in HD Canon RAW Light, XF-AVC, MP4 Recording
- Rotating 4" Touch-Panel LCD Monitor
- Integrated EVF, 2 x XLR Audio Inputs
- 1 x CFast Card, 2 x SD Card Slots
- SDI, HDMI, Ethernet Connectors
The EOS C200B EF Camera with Accessory Kit - No Viewfinder allows the user flexibility to customize the camera with a wide range of accessories to fit their specific needs. The camera's small form factor allows it to be used in tighter spaces and more easily attached to a gimbal or drone. The camera can record internal 4K RAW to a CFast 2.0 card in our new Cinema RAW Light format without compromising detail, as well as 4K UHD and Full HD in MP4 format to SD cards. The 8.85 Megapixel Super 35mm CMOS sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, full compatibility with Canon EF-mount lenses and HDR capability help make the EOS C200B ideal for film, documentary and television production, corporate and event videography and newsgathering. The camera's multitude of features helps deliver outstanding image quality, performance and versatility.
The EOS C200B EF Camera with Accessory Kit - No Viewfinder integrates an 8.85 Megapixel Super 35mm 16:9 CMOS sensor that supports 4K (DCI) recording with a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels. The camera fully utilizes the image data delivered by this 4K CMOS sensor to also enable Over Sampling HD Processing for 2K (DCI) and Full HD1080/60p recording. Each pixel in this CMOS imaging sensor also maintains a wide pixel pitch that maximizes the amount of light that falls on to each photo site, thus enhancing the EOS C200B camera's sensitivity while also minimizing noise and supporting ISO speeds of up to 102,400 for extreme low-light imaging. This sensor also reduces data-readout resulting in a reduction in rolling-shutter artifacts.
A major aspect of the creative filmmaking potential of the EOS C200B EF Camera with Accessory Kit - No Viewfinder is its compatibility with the full range of more than 100 Canon EF and EF-S photographic lenses (including specialty tilt-shift and fisheye models) and Canon's 4K CN-E Cinema prime and zoom lenses (including the "ENG-style" Canon CINE-SERVO and COMPACT-SERVO zooms. Improved EF lens communication capabilities of the EOS C200B camera provide the display of CN-E Cinema lens T-values, compatibility with Dual-Pixel CMOS AF, lens metadata acquisition and chromatic aberration correction. For those users who are accustomed to seeing the T-value displayed when using EF lenses for digital cinema, it is possible to switch the camera to display either the F-value or the T-value. This is important for those that shoot on movie sets and prefer to know how much light is passing through the opening of the lens and actually making it to the sensor. T-values are the traditional measure of light reaching the sensor in video production, while F-stop is the measure of light in still photography. The ability to see the F-stop helps those transitioning from still to video shooting.
- The EOS C200B features Over Sampling HD Processing, a high-image-quality signal processing system that satisfies a broad spectrum of video production needs by effectively utilizing the abundant powers of 4K image expression in 2K (2048 x 1080) / Full HD (1920 x 1080) recording. Over Sampling HD processing is not available with Cinema RAW Light recording or 120p/100p.
- The EOS C200B Digital Cinema Camera features our Dual Pixel CMOS AF (DAF) Technology. DAF is a breakthrough AF technology that uses the CMOS sensor. Each pixel in the camera's CMOS sensor is configured with two photodiodes. Two independent image signals can then be detected at each photosite. By implementing phase-difference AF, smooth focusing is accomplished using Canon EF lenses with much higher speed and accuracy than was possible with previous technologies- a major advantage during single-operator shooting.
- Cinema RAW Light files are about 1/3 to 1/5 the size of our standard RAW files. The smaller file size and reduced bit rate speeds up data transfer and allows internal recording to CFast cards. The reduced file size also helps users extend storage capacity and transfer files on a network more easily. The high bit depth of Cinema RAW Light (10bit/12bit) maximizes retention of color and dynamic range information, which is especially critical in HDR production. Cinema RAW Light files can be transcoded to other commonly used file formats, such as DPX or ProRes for later editing and online delivery using Canon's CRD software.