Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- One UD Element, One Aspherical Element
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Customizable Control Ring
- Rounded 10-Blade Diaphragm
The Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens is a premium normal-length lens that offers bright f/1.2 maximum aperture and is distinguished by its speed. If you are shooting in difficult lighting conditions, this lens would be an ideal solution. The optical layout of this lens incorporates one UD element and one aspherical element. These elements help reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations, which means that you will find this lens to have improved sharpness and clarity all throughout the aperture range.
A rounded 10-blade diaphragm also benefits bokeh quality to suit isolating subjects with depth of field. Complementing the imaging capabilities is an apt ring-type Ultrasonic Motor, which delivers fast, near-silent auto-focus and full-time manual focus override. Additionally, a unique Control Ring is integrated into the lens design for intuitive control over exposure setting from the lens itself.
- Normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless digital cameras.
- Exceptionally bright f/1.2 maximum aperture affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus applications and also benefits working in low-light situations.
- One UD (Ultra-Low Dispersion) element is featured, and helps to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing in order to provide greater clarity and color accuracy.
- An aspherical element is used to correct spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with optimized focusing algorithms and a high-speed CPU, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens has a weather-resistant design that protects against dust and moisture to enable its use in inclement conditions.
- Rounded 10-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.