Canon XF205 HD Camcorder
Canon Financial 24 Month 0% & 36 Month 1.99% Interest Lease Business Program. Offer ends: December 31, 2018
- 1920 x 1080, 1/2.84" CMOS Sensor
- 20x Zoom with Zoom, Focus, Iris Rings
- 50 Mb/s MPEG-2 & 35 Mb/s MP4 Recording
- 4:2:2 Color Sampling
- 23.98/29.97p, 59.94i/p
- Dual CF & Single SDXC Card Slots
- Dual XLR Inputs, 4-Channels of Audio
- Orientable Handgrip
- HDMI, Wi-Fi & Ethernet
- HD-SDI, 3G-SDI, Timecode, Genlock
The Canon XF205 HD Camcorder is a compact, high-performance, high image quality system ideal for use with a variety of digital cinema and broadcast operations. Targeted at sports production, TV variety shows, commercials and drama shows, in addition to independent movie production, education, weddings and other social event videography, the Canon XF205 HD Camcorder features a wide-angle 20x optical zoom lens with three control rings, image stabilization, infrared capabilities, flexible MXF/MP4 dual recording at various data rates, two/four-channel audio recording, Wi-Fi® connectivity, plus 3G-SDI and monitor outputs as well as time code and genlock connections.
A versatile Canon 20x HD wide-angle video lens captures images with outstanding clarity across a broad 26.8–576 mm* zoom RANGE. An eight-blade circular aperture provides natural and visually pleasing bokeh. Three separate rings control focus, zoom and iris settings. A new Five-Axis Dynamic SuperRange OIS System dramatically reduces the image-degrading effects of camera shake, and a new rotating handgrip enables comfortable camera positioning at shooting angles from high to low.
Dual-frequency Wi-Fi® and an Ethernet connector enable browser preview during shoots, in addition to FTP transfer to external servers, PCs or laptops. HD-SDI ports handle video with embedded audio and time code data for monitoring and recording of frame rates up to 30fps, and a new 3G-SDI port supports 1080p video at frame rates up to 60 fps. Time code I/O helps ensure frame-accurate sync during editing and post-production. The Canon XF205 HD Camcorder can also be used with Canon’s new RC-V100 Remote Controller to provide full access to important user functions, including start/stop, zoom/focus/iris, white balance and more.
With optimal performance, and multiple settings this camera can provide you with the look you want for any occasion.
- The XF205 professional camcorder features a highly versatile Genuine Canon 20x HD Video Lens that captures superb images with outstanding clarity at 900 TV lines of resolution. Offering a 35mm equivalent ZOOM of 26.8-576 mm, the optical zoom lens provides an extended RANGE that can prove ideal for wide-angle to extreme telephoto shooting. When compared to previous XF professional camcorder models, the XF205's flexible focal range and enhanced wide angle offer many creative options, even when working at a distance. An eight-blade circular aperture provides a natural and visually pleasing bokeh effect to out of focus highlights.
- The XF205 professional camcorder's new Five-Axis Dynamic Super Range OIS system combines optical and electronic correction to help reduce image distortion- even when shooting while walking - for better looking videos. Standard Mode uses lens shift to provide constant compensation throughout the zoom range. Powered Mode helps improve vibration suppression at telephoto focal lengths. Dynamic Mode is specifically designed to stabilize the image when walking and shooting handheld by correcting simultaneously for roll, yaw and pitch.
- The XF205 professional camcorder features both a newly developed color viewfinder and a precision OLED panel. The tiltable, 0.45-inch viewfinder offers 1.23-megapixel resolution for improved visual display, making it possible to accurately check focus, framing, exposure, white balance and other camera settings. A wide, 28.2-degree viewing angle and high-definition imaging provide a comfortable shooting environment.
- MXF files can be recorded onto the user's choice of one or two CF cards, while MP4 files (both still images and video data) are recorded independently to the SD card to support various workflows. The CF card slots can be CONFIGURED for either dual-slot or relay recording of MXF files. And to help ensure trouble-free back-ups, MP4 recording can be carried out simultaneously with dual-slot MXF recording.
- Connects to compatible networks, wireless hotspots and iOS® mobile devices using the free Canon Movie Uploader app*, or play back video on the camcorders' memory cards to Wi-Fi-enabled TVs and computers. Additionally, Wi-Fi technology allows remote control of key camcorder controls, exposure functions and focus settings, conveniently from your web browser when using a SMARTPHONE or tablet.