The Canon XF705 4K 1" Sensor XF-HEVC H.265 Pro Camcorder is a professional camcorder that offers some of the latest tech innovations, including recording in 4K UHD and with a H.265/HEVC codec. This camcorder, with its compact design and portability, is designed ideally for news gathering, outdoor events, sports and documentaries.
Featuring a 1.0-inch 4K UHD CMOS image sensor and dual DIGIC DV 6 Image Processors, the XF705 can record 4K UHD video up to 60p, as well as slow motion recording up to 120fps in Full HD. The XF705 is also the first Canon camcorder to adopt the H.265/HEVC codec, which improves the efficiency of 4K data handling. The XF705 supports the Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and Perceptual Quantization (PQ) HDR formats, which offer a much greater range from black to pure white, and an HLG/PQ shooting assist mode helps users record HDR video using their usual shooting methods. A 15x optical zoom lens incorporates a 5-axis optical image stabilization system and maintains 4K UHD quality throughout the entire zoom range, while the camcorder's Dual Pixel CMOS AF helps facilitate fast and accurate autofocus.
The XF705 includes an HDMI 2.0 terminal with 4K UHD output support, two XLR terminals with independent audio level control and a 12G-SDI output - which features four times the transmission speed of 3G-SDI - helping to facilitate seamless integration into professional 4K UHD workflows. An adjustable 4.0-inch touch panel LCD monitor and a built-in 0.46-inch electronic viewfinder enhance usability, helping you to shoot in a variety of shooting situations. Canon Log 3 provides post-production flexibility while Live IP Streaming capability furthers broadcast possibilities. Designed to meet the needs of professionals, the XF705 offers a wide range of recording opportunities.
The XF705 Professional Camcorder features a Canon 1.0-inch 4K UHD CMOS image sensor capable of 4K UHD video capture at 60p and slow motion recording up to 120fps in Full HD, making the camcorder a strong contender for professional productions, ENG applications and more.
High Sensitivity / Low Noise
The XF705 camcorder's 1.0-inch sensor allows for larger photosites compared to smaller-sized sensors, resulting in improved images with less noise in low-light situations. The larger sensor also exhibits a shallower depth of field at large apertures, providing greater depth of field control and creative options. The camcorder's DIGIC DV 6 imaging engine further enhances the high sensitivity and low noise performance of the camcorder.
The XF705 Professional Camcorder is the first Canon video camera that can record in H.265/HEVC, which offers a compression ratio of about 2x the mainstream coding technology of H.264/AVC – improving the efficiency of 4K data handling. By using XF-HEVC, which combines 4K UHD image quality with an extremely efficient compression standard, the XF705 can record many hours of content on versatile SD cards.
Canon XF705 Update: Adobe Premiere Pro And Final Cut Pro X Will Now Support H.265/XF-HEVC Recording
- 1" CMOS sensor captures UHD 4K video up to 60 fps and HD up to 120 fps
- 4:2:2 10-bit recording in the highly efficient H.265/HEVC codec
- The sensor and two DIGIC DV 6 processors produce images with shallow depth of field, high sensitivity, and low noise
- Integrated 15x optical, 30x digital zoom lens with 25.5 to 382.5mm (35mm-equivalent) focal range
- 5-axis optical stabilization with Standard, Dynamic, and Powered modes
- 9-blade iris for attractive bokeh looks
- Manual ND filter wheel with ND 1/4, 1/16, and 1/64 settings
- HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) and PQ (Perceptual Quantization HDR recording for full color rendition and wide latitude
- Two SDXC memory card slots
- Dual-pixel CMOS autofocus with touch focus on the 4" LCD panel
- Fine-tune gain during simultaneous HDR and SDR recording
- Canon Log 3 offers wide latitude in post-grading
- Wide Dynamic Range with seamless gradations and minimal blown-out highlights
- Rotatable 4.0" LCD touchscreen and 0.46" OLED EVF for accurate viewing
- HDMI 2.0 and 12G-SDI outputs
- Genlock, SMPTE timecode, Ethernet, and remote ports
- Live IP streaming in H.265 or H.264
- Dual XLR inputs, an internal stereo mic, and a mini-jack input offer up to four channels of audio input
- Compatible with the optional RC-V100 remote controller
- Compact, lightweight design is suited for ENG, documentary, and run-and-gun productions
- Wired and Wi-Fi connectivity for FTP file transfers