- Quick release tie-down for Mitchell base heads
- Eliminates the separate knob with a 3/8" stud for securing the head
- Built for long life and low maintenance
- Plate and hub are 6061 aluminum that is hard black anodized
- Knob and jaws are nickel-plated steel
The Cardellini Head-Lock is a quick release tie-down for Mitchell base heads. It eliminates the separate knob with a 3/8" stud for securing the head. Instead, the Head-Lock mounts to, and stays on, the bottom of the head using a 3/8-16 bolt. When the head is place on the dolly or tripod, the Head-Lock passes through the center of the Mitchell mount. Turning the built in knob from below locks the head in place. There is no more fishing around trying to get the tie-down screw started.
The Cardellini Head-Lock is made of anodized aluminum, stainless steel and plated steel parts. (The only non-plated steel parts, the thrust washer and it's races, are hardened steel and packed in grease) The Head-Lock is built for long life and low maintenance.