Jerry Day Jerry Day Power House 3 Pack Light Like a Pro 2nd Edition DVD Video
- Includes all of the first edition conten plus two more additional chapters
- Light Like a Pro (22 minutes)
- Lighting for Interviews (16 minutes)
- Lighting for Chroma Key
This award-winning lighting tutorial (Two Telly Awards) is packed with valuable training in theories, techniques and styles of lighting for the early-career lighting technician and videographer. These tutorials use locations, studio setups, 3D graphics, live talent and standard lighting equipment to make the demonstrations clear and comprehensible.
There are three essential tutorials on this 50-minute DVD:
1) Light Like a Pro:
- (22 minutes, originally marketed as a stand-alone) goes into the studio, outdoors and into 3D graphics sequences to give clear and vivid examples and explanations of universally useful lighting principles. This is the tutorial that can save your next video, film or photograph! Rather than focus on one or two lighting "set-ups" like some introductory sessions, Light Like a Pro explains and demonstrates key principles of lighting that enable good image-making in nearly any situation. Don't guess at lighting, master it and give your viewers a great visual experience.
2) Lighting for Interviews:
- (16 minutes). Solid, professional lighting for interviews is not difficult if you know some basic principles and methods. This tutorial goes step-by-step through a typical interior location interview setup. Two set-ups are shown: A ﾓpolished" setup and a ﾓQuick" interview lighting set up that can be done in seconds. Also variations are showed for masculine, feminine, conservative, dramatic and glamour interview lighting styles.
3) Lighting for Chroma Key:
- (12 minutes). Chroma Key image compositing is a vital tool for small-scale production to get a ﾓbigger" look with more visual interest on a limited budget, but it presents special technical challenges. This step-by-step chroma key demonstration and explanations are designed to eliminate the typical frustration and problems with chroma key lighting that plagues inexperienced lighting technicians.
- A crash course in the principles of lighting that are not easy to pick up intuitively.
- This volume covers 3 topics: Lighting Theory & Styles, Lighting For Interviews and Lighting for Chroma Key.
- The topics in LIGHT LIKE A PRO ﾖ POWERHOUSE 3-PACK were developed through research of the most useful and requested topics for early-career lighting technicians, videographers, filmmakers and photographers.
- From an expert Producer/Host, Learn how to give your images the snap, sizzle and dreaminess of the pros. Vivid demonstrations, great visuals and down-to-earth explanations of key methods demystify the art and craft of lighting for all media.
Emmy Award Winning AUTHOR / HOST / PUBLISHER
JERRY DAY has worked in video, film and photography over a 35-year career starting in his teens, producing, designing, directing, lighting, operating camera and editing hundreds of projects including television series & specials, commercials, documentaries, news, infomercials, education and contract work of all kinds. In 2002 Jerry Day Productions produced and aired, as a community arts program, STREET MUSIC LOS ANGELES, a four half-hour series on KDOC-LA which, competing with major network programming, took the Los Angeles Area Emmy for Producer/Host in the category of ﾓPublic Affairs Program More Than 50% Remote". Jerry Day Productions has worked with major political and entertainment figures in a wide spectrum of award-winning and public-spirited media projects.
COMMENTS & REVIEWS
"I am impressed with Jerry Dayﾒs ability to pack so much useful information into a twenty minute package. His direct, no-nonsense style leads the neophyte movie maker on a fascinating journey on the nature of light and how to control it to bring out the most emotional value in any scene. What I like most is that he did not talk down or talk over the heads of the viewers. His fast-paced style forces the audience to pay attention so they can absorb all of the tips, tricks, and applications. His directness speaks to his believability and gives authority to the smallest detail."
- Tony Luna, Instructor, Art Center College of Design
"If you are looking for a 'how to shoot film or video' DVD, the 'Light Like a Pro' DVD is easily the most important and informative DVD we at Filmtools have viewed to date. Jerry's no nonsense approach is easy to understand for all ages and levels of experience. It gives you the food for thought and encourages you to take what he's presented and experiment on your own. When you get finished watching this video, you'll immediately want to apply your newly found wisdom and go shoot something!"
- Stan McClain, Filmtools
ﾓI purchased your Light Like A Pro video and I love it. I am in the process of starting up my own company and have not been able to find good books etc that could help me understand the concept of lighting. Your video is outstanding... I wanted to see more of your knowledge on lighting.
- Linda Schexnayder, Photographer
Product Description: Video Lighting Tutorials on DVD.