The JVC GY-HC550 Handheld Connected Cam 1" 4K Broadcast Camcorder is a camera that can capture both NTSC and PAL compatible frame rates. This camera is also designed to work seamlessly with both traditional and IP workflow. This JVC GY-HC550 has a variety of features like a broadcast overlay, GPS metadata, MPEG-2 encoding in HD for easy interfacing. It features a built-in wireless LAN and the Zixi wireless protocol.
The GY-HC550 features a 1" CMOS sensor and an integrated 20x optical zoom lens, while the camera can create a 40x digital zoom. The camera can capture in UHD, HD, SD, and you can record SD as proxy, recording up to 30p to the built-in media card slots or 60/50p to an optional SSD. The camera supports HDR by recording in HLG or JLog1 (10-bit).
The camera captures UHD in various flavors of ProRes, as well as MP4, and is capable of recording HD in MPEG-2 and streaming HD over IP via wired connection. The integrated 20x zoom lens features three manual control rings, one each for iris, focus, and zoom. the EVF features LCOS technology and over 1.2 million dots of resolution, while the built-in flip-out LCD viewfinder is just under 4" diagonally. The camera features IFB and return video over IP, as well as auto FTP so your video files transfer automatically. It has 2 x SDHC/SDXC card slots, and features a slot for an optional SSD for capturing UHD at 60/50p.
- 10-bit ProRes 422 at 4K resolution and 50/60p frame rates recording to M.2 SSD (requires optional caddy)
- 4K UHD 30p/25p/24p 4:2:0 8-bit recording to SDHC/SDXC card
- MPEG-2 recording in HD for compatibility with broadcast systems
- HDR recording, HLG or J-Log1 (10-bit)
- 1-inch (effective) CMOS sensor with high picture quality, F11 Sensitivity
- Newly developed 3-ring 4K lens with 20x zoom (f=28mm-560mm 35mm equivalent)
- 20x optical zoom, 40x lossless dynamic zoom
- 4-inch high-resolution LCD monitor, LCOS Quad VGA viewfinder
XLR audio connectors
- High performance 1080 60p/50p live streaming (4K Rec + HD streaming + 4K HDMI output)
- Low latency and high-quality streaming up to 20 Mb/s
- LAN terminal (Streaming/IFB/Remote) in addition to USB host (v3.0)
- Return over IP (Return video and IFB)
- Auto FTP to upload native video clips automatically
- The camera includes broadcast overlay capability, and built-in GPS