Lo To No Budget Filmmaking: ISBN 9780240522180
- Author: Elliot Grove
- Paperback: 488
- Publisher: Focal Press: 2013
- ISBN: 9780240522180
Raindance Producers' Lab Lo-To-No Budget FilmMaking by Elliot Grove covers both tried and true filmmaking techniques as well as insight on marketing, selling, and distributing your film. Raindance Producers’ Lab, Second Edition is the ultimate independent filmmaker’s guide to producing movies.
This edition has been updated to include:
- Fresh features on low-budget, high quality video cameras, including new digital camera options such as DSLR
- An extensive selection of new case studies and interviews with industry talents such as Ewan McGregor, Ate de Jong, James Youngs, Joe Pavlo, Martin Myers, Rolin Heap, and more
- Essential advice on how to make the web work for you and promote your films through Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms
- All new postproduction workflows
- A companion website (www.lotonobudgetfilmmaking.com) providing all the contracts and material you need to run a production company and make successful low budget movies
The verdict is in: if you’re looking for a clear-cut, no-nonsense approach to micro-budget filmmaking and producing, Elliot Grove’s wealth of teaching and filmmaking experience combined with winning formulas for marketing and promotion make this book a must-have one-stop shop for filmmakers!
Elliot Grove currently teaches professional screenwriting and filmmaking courses internationally, and in 2009 Open University awarded him an Honorary Doctorate for his contribution to education. In May 2013, not long after launching Raindance Raw Talent—a production company devoted to producing movies that follow the Raindance producing principals—Elliot wrapped his first movie: Love.Honour.Obey.
"Raindance Producers’ Lab, Second Edition is truly a handbook for the modern filmmaker. It is incredibly comprehensive, a soup to nuts guide on making a low budget film. AND, as an added bonus, it will keep you up-to-date on the latest social media, digital, and self-distribution options for your film!"
- Stacey Parks, Founder, www.FilmSpecific.com; Author, The Insider's Guide to Independent Film Distribution (Focal Press, 2012)
"Always clever, never dull, sometimes funny, often provocative, truly independent, and a treasure to all eager aspiring filmmakers."
- Ate de Jong, Director, Drop Dead Fred and Het Bombardement; Producer, The Discovery of Heaven
"Raindance Film Festival has arrived, survived and thrived for 21 years because its founder (and this book's author) is a scrappy, charismatic, street-savvy guy whose vocabulary does not include the word ‘can't.’ This is the attitude he promotes in his book loaded with hundreds of hard earned lessons from every nook and cranny of filmmaking’s development, production, and distribution processes. To get an indie film made and distributed, you have to know a lot of tricks. Elliot knows them all, and then some. Kudos to him for his generosity in sharing them."
- Michael Wiese, Filmmaker & Publisher; Author, Onward & Upward: Reflections of a Joyful Life of a Joyful Life
- Nobody Knows Anything
- The Hollywood Zoo
- Originating Formats
- The Camera
- Production Values
- Locations & Permits
- Office & Paperwork
- Shoot; Post-production
- Above the Line
- Moving the Budget Up
- Preparing the Marketing Plan
- Publicity; Film Festivals
- Film Markets; Distribution
- Best Laid Plans
- Ten Tricks and Traps of Producing
- Development Financing
- Production Financing