Metabones PL to E-Mount Adapter with Internal Flocking
- Adapts E-Mount Camera to PL Mount Lens
- Internal Flocking
- Removable Support Foot
- Chromium-Plated Brass Contact Surfaces
- Compatible with PL Mounted Prime Lenses
- Mechanical Adapter for Manual Lenses
The Metabones PL to E-Mount Adapter with Internal Flocking is an ideal mount adapter to have if you are using your existing PL mount lenses on a camera that has a Sony E-mount. This Metabones E-Mount Adapter will mount to your camera's lens port, which will give you the option to use your PL mount lenses with your camera. This PL to E-Mount Adapter is not a permanent conversion, however, the adapter does feature a removable support foot in order to take the strain off of your camera's mount.
The adapter features internal flocking to reduce internal reflections, Chromium-plated brass front and rear contact surfaces for corrosion resistance. The hard front and rear contact surfaces serve to maintain the adapter's tight tolerances over time, ensuring the correct flange focal distance. This is a mechanical adapter that does not pass any electronic lens control or metadata.
- The support foot is detachable from the mount by removing two hex key screws. The foot itself is Arca Swiss compatible, and incorporates a 1/4"-20 threaded mounting hole for optional supports.
- Maintains correct flange depth between lens and image plane.
- Infinity remains unchanged, so the lens does not need to be re-collimated or shimmed.
- Brass construction protects lens mount, a chromium satin finish makes the adapter corrosion and wear resistant.
The Adapter has been tested with the following cameras:
- A7S (in "APS-C Size Capture" mode)
- A7R (in "APS-C Size Capture" mode)
- A7 (in "APS-C Size Capture" mode)