Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E Mount T Smart Adapter
- Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E-Mount Body
- Works with Full-Frame and APS-C Cameras
- Switch for In-Body Image Stabilization
- Support for Phase- & Contrast-Detect AF
- Smooth Iris with Select Adapted Lenses
- Control Aperture from Camera Body
- Programmable Fn Button; Status LED Light
- Transfers Exif Data to Camera
- Weather-Resistant Rubber Mount Gasket
- Compatible with Sony PXW-FS7 Mark II
The Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E Mount T Smart Adapter lets you bring out your Canon EF and EF-S mount lenses for use on a variety of full-frame and APS-C format Sony E-mount cameras. Improving on previous generations of Smart Adapters, the T Smart Adapter fifth generation model offers a rubber gasket to protect the camera's mount from the elements, a status notification LED light to check operation modes, and a switch to control in-body image stabilization of select cameras. This version is also compatible with the Sony PXW-FS7 Mark II video camera.
This adapter is equipped with numerous capabilities thanks to the use of a high-performance 32-bit processor. The features include support for both phase-detect and contrast-detect AF systems as well as the ability to control the aperture from the camera body. Smooth iris effects are possible as well on select lenses and 5-axis stabilization is available thanks to communication of distance information with supported lenses. Also, it features a programmable function button, enables electronic (focus-by-wire) manual focusing, transmits Exif data to the camera, and works with in-lens image stabilization. Additionally, distance and zoom is displayed on certain camcorders and mirrorless cameras, auto magnify can be enabled, and it can automatically switch into APS-C mode depending on the lens used.
Beyond electronic communication, the adapter has many physical advantages as well, such as a black felt flocking on the inside of the adapter that prevents reflections. For larger lenses, there is a removable Arca-type-compatible tripod foot with a 1/4"-20 thread on the base.
- Allows users to adapt a Canon EF/EF-S-mount lens to a full-frame or APS-C Sony E-mount camera.
- Electronic contacts permit transmission of data between the lens and camera enabling autofocus, auto exposure, image stabilization, aperture control from the camera body, saving Exif information, and more.
- Status notification LED light on the adapter will show the user what mode the adapter is currently in.
- Dedicated switch for controlling in-body image stabilization.
- Programmable function button for rapid access to commonly used settings and features.
- Support for phase-detect AF with the a7R II, a7 II, a6500, and a6300 cameras.
- Compatible with Sony PXW-FS7M2 (FS7 Mark II) camera.
- Smooth iris support with select Canon (2009 and later), Tamron (SP series 2013 and later), and Sigma (2016 and later) lenses.
- Enables electronic manual focusing on lenses, such as the Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II, that use a focus-by-wire system.
- Support for distance and zoom display, auto magnify, and auto APS-C Size Capture settings on select cameras.
- Internal felt flocking prevents reflections.
- Removable Arca-type compatible tripod foot with 1/4"-20 thread.
- Powered by camera body.