Metabones T Smart Adapter for Canon EF or Canon EF-S Mount Lens to Select Micro Four Thirds-Mount Cameras
- Canon EF or EF-S Lens to Micro 4/3 Body
- Third Party EF or APS-C EF to Micro 4/3
- Supports Electronic Communication
- Enables Use of Lens Autofocus
- Enables Lens Aperture and Stabilization
- Adapter Interior Minimizes Reflections
- Locking Mechanism to Secure Lens
- Push-Button Lens Release
- Brass Mounting Rings
- Detachable Tripod Foot
The Metabones T Smart Adapter for Canon EF or Canon EF-S Mount Lens to Select Micro Four Thirds-Mount Cameras is a handy adapter to have for those with Canon EF or EF-S lenses and are needing to mount them onto a Micro Four Thirds-mount camera. When using this Metabones T Smart Adapter, electronic communication between the camera and the attached lens is maintained. This means that the T Smart Adapter allows features such as autofocus, image stabilization, and camera-controlled aperture functions to be used. If the lens you are using is capable of generating EXIF metadata when being paired with a directly compatible camera, the Metabones T Smart Adapter will make sure that the information is saved, as well as the image files generated with a combination of the lens, a Micro Four Thirds-mount camera, and the adapter.
By enabling camera-controlled aperture functions for a Canon EF or Canon EF-S Mount Lens when used with a Micro Four Thirds-mount camera, program, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, as well as manual modes can be set and used through the camera. Power for these functions is transferred from the camera to the lens, and when manual focusing is preferred with a compatible electronic lens and a Panasonic camera, an integrated jog dial that allows incremental aperture adjustment can be depressed to open the lens's aperture diaphragm to its largest setting. The resulting shallow depth-of-field can then be used to help ensure focus accuracy.
When an image is taken with the T Smart Adapter, a matte black internal coating minimizes the potential for reflections within the adapter barrel, which could otherwise result in unwanted glare within the image.
The T Smart Adapter is constructed from aluminum alloy for durability while minimizing weight. Its mounting rings are made with brass to further prevent wear-and-tear, and a detachable tripod foot is included that features 3/8" threads as well as compatibility with Arca-Swiss tripod heads.
While the T Smart Adapter allows a Canon EF or EF-S mount lens to be mounted onto any Micro Four Thirds-mount camera, any functions that involve electronic communication currently require a Panasonic-brand Micro Four Thirds-mount camera.
- Allows a Canon EF or EF-S mount lens to be used with a Micro Four Thirds-mount camera
- Allows third-party, full-frame or APS-C EF-mount lenses to be used with a Micro Four Thirds-mount camera
- Supports electronic communication between camera and lens to enable autofocus, image stabilization, on-camera aperture control, and EXIF metadata generation when possible
- Internal coating minimizes reflections within the adapter barrel
- Integrated jog dial for incremental aperture adjustment and push-button access to lens's widest aperture setting when used with a compatible Panasonic camera
- Detachable, Arca-Swiss compatible tripod foot with 3/8" threads
- Aluminum-alloy components for weight reduction
- Brass mounting rings further prevent wear-and-tear
- Locking mechanism for secure attachment of lens with push-button release