- Paypal Credit
Filmtools Gaffer Glass
- Made of two parts: It's 6061-T6 CNC milled bezel, the welder's grade 3.8 Neutral Density with a UV inhibitor viewing glass
- One-piece machined glass holder is thick and has a great feel to it
- Enables you to photograph in the light quality that you want
- Pocket-sized, ideal for revealing the condition of light filaments
- Protect your work with a Filmtools Gaffer Glass
The Filmtools Gaffer's Glass also known as "Pan Glass" is made of two parts: It's 6061-T6 CNC milled bezel, the welder's grade 3.8 Neutral Density with a UV inhibitor viewing glass. Unlike other light-duty gaffer glasses on the market, this one-piece machined glass holder is thick and has a great feel to it.
Use a Filmtools Gaffer's Glass to view light fixture quality. Stand at least ten feet from the light and with the "lens hood" pointing to your eye, (and not the light) you can quickly assess the light's quality and determine where the center of the beam is, by having the lamp operator follow your commands to pan or tilt in the direction you desire. You can also look at the sun behind clouds. It will help you determine when the sun might be popping back out, enabling you to photograph in the light quality that you want. Only an inexperienced DP or gaffer would let a scene be shot with a dark shadow glooming into the set during the actor's lines.
By knowing when the sun will hit a cloud, you can alleviate that kind of disaster. You're the DP- it's your job to be all knowing about the light on your set, whether it's designed by you or nature. Protect your work with a Filmtools Gaffer Glass.
Filmtools® 11248 ND 3.8 Gaffer's Glass with lanyard
|MPN||No Pouch (see 11248)|