Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm f/4 ASPH. Lens
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 14-28mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- Four ED and Two Aspherical Elements
- Multi-Coated Elements
- Autofocus with MF Override
- Built-In Petal-Shaped Hood
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
The Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm f/4 ASPH. Lens is a versatile wide zoom for Micro Four Thirds cameras, offering a offers a 14-28mm equivalent focal length, and spanning a useful range of wide-angle focal lengths. The wide field of view is complemented by a constant f/4 maximum apeture for consistent illumination, making it ideal for landscape, nature, and architectural applications. The Lumix G Vario also features a built-in lens hood to protect the front element from stray light to further reduce flaring and surface reflections.
The optical design makes use of low dispersion and aspherical glass elements to control a variety of aberrations and color fringing for notable sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy, and individual elements are also multi-coated to control flare and ghosting for improved contrast.
- Ultra-wide zoom for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras provides a 14-28mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture delivers consistent performance and illumination throughout the zoom range.
- Four extra-low dispersion elements help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing in order to achieve high clarity and color accuracy. Additionally, a pair of aspherical elements are featured in the optical design to control spherical aberrations and distortion for notable sharpness.
- Individual elements have been multi-coated to effectively reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Autofocus motor supports camera's contrast detection for precise focusing performance. AF can also be manually overridden for more fine-tuned control.
- Built-in petal-shaped lens hood shields the front element from stray light and helps reduce flare.