- Paypal Credit
Schneider Optics 4 x 5.65" HD Classic Soft 1/8 Filter
- 4 x 5.65" HD Classic Soft Filters 1/16-1
- Closely confined, very subtle glow to highlights
- Produces a stylish glow that keeps the scenes contrast under control
- Blends small wrinkles and blemishes
- Maintains overall sharp focus
The Schneider Optics 4x5.650 HD Classic Soft Filters 1/16-1 impart a closely confined, very subtle glow to highlights. If large amounts of overexposure exist in a scene - like a "blown" window - it produces a stylish glow that keeps the scene's contrast under control, while adding a romantic look.
This effect also blends small wrinkles and blemishes, while maintaining an overall sharp focus that conceals the fact that a softening filter has been used. What's more, the Schneider 4x5 HD Classic Soft is designed to allow shooting in all HD formats, without fear of artifacts.
The Schneider HD Classic Soft filter contains a carefully calculated amount of precisely positioned Micro-Lenslets™. It provides a controlled soft image that is overlaid on a sharp, in-focus image, creating In-focus Diffusion™.
Available in the following Strengths:
- 1/16 (68-090656) provides a very light amount of diffusion for subtle blending and control of highlights.
- 1/8 (68-090056) is a bit stronger the 1/16 grade. Highlights begin to take on a mild but very subtle glow. Skin wrinkles begin to blend in nicely. The image looks softer but not overly diffused.
- 1/4 (68-090156) takes it up another level with a bit more diffusion being added but still hardly noticeable. Contrast remains the same. Highlights take on a soft romantic glow. Skin blemishes continue to be blended.
- 1/2 (68-090256) continues the increase in diffusion while maintaining sharpness. Highlights take on more of a gentle glow but sharpness remains unaffected. Contrast remains under control.
- 1 (68-090356) imparts a closely confined, very subtle glow to highlights. Maintains an overall sharp focus that conceals the fact that a softening filter has been used
These strengths achieve a very light to moderate diffusion. When used on a full frame sensor, each HD Classic Soft strength is engineered to be one grade lighter than its Classic Soft counter part. For example, an HD Classic Soft 1/2 will behave the same as a Classic Soft 1/4 on a full frame camera.
When used on smaller sensor cameras, 2/3" and smaller, the HD Classic Soft strengths match that of a full frame camera with a Classic Soft being used. For example, an HD Classic Soft 1/2 on a 2/3" camera will give a similar effect to an Classic Soft 1/2 on a full frame camera.