Sekonic C-700-U SpectroMaster Spectrometer for Photo/Video/Cine
- Aadvanced field meter capable of reading all light sources whether they're LED, flash, incandescent, HMI, fluorescent or in the natural light spectrum
- Practical lighting tool that analyzes the light source using 9 different display modes on its 4.3" color touchscreen
- Wide measuring range of color temperatur and illuminance
- CMOS linear sensor
- Ability to read and compare all types of light and real-world filter solutions
The Sekonic C-700-U SpectroMaster Spectrometer for Photo/Video/Cine is an advanced field meter capable of reading all light sources whether they're LED, flash, incandescent, HMI, fluorescent or in the natural light spectrum. Most importantly, it's a practical lighting tool that analyzes the light source using 9 different display modes on its 4.3" color touchscreen, indicatingspecifically what you need to do to achieve your desired effect. The meter's CMOS sensor enables measurement in increments as fine as 1nm and allows capture of color spikes in the light output - an especially valuable function when working with LED, HMI, fluorescent lighting and mixed sources.
The SpectroMaster has very impressive accuracy, repeatability and response specs and a wide range of values in all modes. Flash for example, can be color analyzed in cordless mode by triggering the flash manually or by hardwiring a cord to the meter's PC sync port. Shutter speeds from 1-1/500 sec. are selectable. Since the SpectroMaster is strictly a color meter, f/stops and shutter speeds aren't displayed.
Ambient light has a 1.0 to 200,000 lux range (0.09 to 18,600 fc). The intuitive color touchscreen offers access to the meter's many functions including a Spectrum graph, CRI, Camera Filter, Lighting Filter, White Balance Compensation and comparison of multiple lights.
The Text mode screen displays color temperature, lux or fc as well as color compensation and light balancing filters. After selecting your preferred color balance, the Camera Filter and Lighting Filter Screens will display the actual Rosco, Lee, Kodak Wratten or Fuji filter designations necessary to achieve your targeted color temperature. CRI also has a dedicated screen that displays standard color reference values (including R1 thru 15) as a percentage of the light source's ability to reproduce a color accurately, as compared to the Ra standard temperature. The Multi Light Screen reads up to 4 light sources' color temperature as well as light balance and color compensation recommendations, memorizes them and allows them to be compared. The SpectroMaster includes a CD with a user manual, as well as a Series C-700 utility that can be used to save data, display measurement values and graphs, and make settings when the meter is connected by USB to computers or tablets.
With its plethora of light-analytic tools, ability to read and compare all types of light and real-world filter solutions, the SpectroMaster is destined to be a staple on set.
The C-700-U series measures electronic flash and displays color data for accurate white balance, camera and light source filtration and spectral color precision. Color temperature readings are displayed in Kelvin and illuminance readings in lux or lux sec.
Precise LED, HMI, Fluorescent, Tungsten and Natural Light Measurement
The C-700-U series incorporates a CMOS linear sensor, that measures and evaluates the true color temperature of a light source from 380 to 780 nanometers in 1nm output wavelength increments, capturing spikes in output of conventional light sources as well as fluorescent, HMI and LED sources
Wide Measuring Range of Color Temperature and Illuminance
A wide correlated color temperature range (1,600 to 40,000K) and illuminance (1 to 200,000 lux) offers the flexibility and accuracy to measure any constant light source in any demanding studio or on-location production
- The Text Screen displays user selected measurement values. Real time measurements appear and are updated after every reading, next to their light measurement values
- The Main Screen offers quick selection of many of the C-700 series' functions at a touch of a finger
- The CRI Screen displays the standard color reference values (including R1 thru 15) as a percentage of the light sources ability to reproduce a color accurately, as compared to the Ra standard
- The Spectrum Screen displays the spectral energy distribution of a source in real time. It can be displayed as a graph and data or full screen
- The Multi Light Screen reads up to 4 light sources' color temperature as well as light balance and color compensation recommendations can be memorizes them and allows them to be compared