Sigma 135mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens - Various Mounts
- Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Two FLD Elements, Two SLD Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor, Manual Override
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- TSC Material, Brass Bayonet Mount
- Compatible with Sigma USB Dock
The Sigma 135mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens is a fast telephoto prime lens that is a part of the Art series of Global Vision lenses from Sigma. The Sigma 135mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens delivers bright f/1.8 aperture that is ideal for obtaining images with selective focus, shallow depth of field, and smooth bokeh. The Sigma 135mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens uses FLD and SLD elements which help control chromatic aberrations and color fringing for notable clarity. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied to minimize surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the lens sports a Hyper Sonic Motor to produce quick, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override. The physical design utilizes Thermally Stable Composite material for durability in a wide range of environments, and a brass bayonet mount also offers rigidity and mounting precision.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Prime telephoto lens is designed for full-frame DSLRs, however can also be used on APS-C models where it will provide a 216mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Two F Low Dispersion (FLD) and two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements are featured in the optical design, and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.