- Paypal Credit
Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM Zoom Lens for DSLRs with APS-C Sensors
- For DSLRs with APS-C Size Sensors
- 4 Stops of Anti-Shake (OS) Compensation
- Aperture of f/2.8 throughout Zoom Range
- Accepts 77mm Filters
- Ultra Compact (Only 3.6", 91.8mm Long)
- Multi-Layered Lens Coating
- Excellent Correction for Aberrations
- Hyper-Sonic Motor for Quiet/Fast AF
- Close Focusing Distance of 11" (28cm)
- Weighs Only 19.9 oz (565 g)
The Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM Zoom Lens for DSLRs with APS-C Sensors is specifically designed for digital SLR cameras equipped with APS-C size sensors. The Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM Zoom Lens for DSLRs with APS-C Sensors is versatile, lightweight and compact, and features a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout its entire zoom range. The Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM Zoom Lens for DSLRs with APS-C Sensors offers a construction of 17 elements in 13 groups with glass, which corrects flare, ghosting, and all types of aberrations. The lens generates high contrast and sharp images throughout the zoom range, even when at its maximum aperture.
Sigma's OS (Optical Stabilization) feature allows you to shoot at shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible. This means your images will look sharper, even when shooting without a tripod in low existing light or at maximum range with a flash. This lens is also equipped with Sigma's Hyper-Sonic Motor (HSM) which provides for fast and quiet autofocusing.
The Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 is ideal for many photo opportunities particularly landscapes and portraits, but with its wide focal range and a close focusing distance down to 11" (28cm) you can capture images with unique perspectives. It will quickly become one of the most important lenses in your gear bag.
Please Note: Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras.
- This lens is for use with digital cameras with APS-C size sensors only. 1
- The DC designation on the barrel means that this is a special lens designed so that the image circle matches the smaller size (APS-C) of the image sensor of your digital SLR. Its specialized design gives this lens the ideal properties for digital cameras, including a compact size and lightweight construction.
- The 17-50mm f/2.8 offers Sigma's OS System (Optical Stabilization) that allows shooting at shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would be otherwise possible, for sharper handheld photography even in low-light situations.
- Constructed with 17 elements in 13 groups, it features FLD ("F" Low Dispersion) glass which is the highest level low dispersion glass available with extremely high light transmission. This glass has a performance equal to fluorite glass which has a low refractive index and low dispersion compared to current optical glass. FLD glass offers superior optical performance, equal to fluorite, at an affordable price.
- Its HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures a quiet & high-speed auto focus.
- Sigma lenses are made in Japan.
- Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM Zoom Lens for DSLRs with APS-C Sensors
- Lens Hood
- Front and Rear Lens Caps
- Carrying Case
- Limited 1-Year North and South America Warranty Against Manufacturing and Workmanship Defects.
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Extended Warranty Extension Against Manufacturing and Workmanship Defects.