- Paypal Credit
Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for E Mount
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- FLD and Special Low Dispersion Elements
- Two Aspherical Glass Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor
- Full-Time Manual Focus Override
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Thermally Stable Composite Material
The Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for E Mount is a wide and fast prime lens dedicated for E-mount cameras. The Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for E Mount is a part of the Art line of lenses, meaning it focuses on image quality and rendering while utilizing three FLD and four SLD glass elements. These help to control chromatic aberrations and color fringing for notable clarity. The Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for E Mount also has four aspherical elements, including the front large-diameter precision molded glass element. These contribute to reducing distortion and spherical aberrations which in turn improves sharpness and accuracy.
Additionally, a Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast when working in strong lighting. Well-suited to astrophotography and low-light outdoor shooting, this lens presents a unique blend of a broad perspective and fast, flexible performance.
Complementing the optical performance is an equally adept Hyper Sonic Motor, which provides fast, smooth, and near-silent autofocus performance. This focusing motor also enables full-time manual focus override at any time just by rotating the focus ring for refined manual control. The lens barrel is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite material, which supports working in a wide variety of temperatures and conditions, and the lens mount is constructed from brass for long-term durability and mounting accuracy.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens' is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Prime wide-angle lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however it can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 36mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- This lens has been designed using an advanced optical structure to achieve both high resolution and sharpness, along with consistent edge-to-edge illumination. A pair of aspherical elements, with one in the rear of the optical design, correct for sagittal coma flare, distortion, and axial chromatic aberration, while also enabling full use of the fast f/1.4 maximum aperture with maintained peripheral brightness and sharpness.
- Three FLD and four SLD glass elements have been incorporated within the lens design to correct for chromatic aberrations throughout the entire focusing range and help to ensure high image sharpness, clarity, and contrast regardless of focus point or aperture setting.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm helps to produce an attractive out-of-focus quality.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. The outside of the lens barrel is also engraved with the year of production.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability.
- The included lens hood is fitted with a rubber connection for a secure fit.
- Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for E Mount
- LCF-77 III 77mm Lens Cap
- Rear Cap LCR II for Sony E Mount Lenses
- LH830-03 Petal Type Lens Hood
- Limited 1-Year North and South America Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension