- Paypal Credit
Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sports Lens for EF Mount
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to 32
- One SLD and Two FLD Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor, Manual Override
- Optical Stabilizer; Drop-In Filter Slot
- Magensium-Alloy Barrel & Brass Mount
- Dust- and Splash-Proof Construction
- Rotatable Tripod Collar with Click Stops
- Compatible with Sigma Teleconverters
The Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sports Lens for EF Mount incorporates almost every piece of Sigma's Global Vision arsenal. This lens is Sigma's main lens in the speedy Sports line. The Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sports Lens for EF Mount will allow you to capture distant subjects, and thanks to the speedy Hyper Sonic AF motor, users of this super telephoto lens will be able to easily track fast action. The Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sports Lens for EF Mount's relatively fast aperture of f/4 extends the photographer's imaging potential with excellent illumination for a lens of this class. The lens features one SLD and two FLD elements which help ensure outstanding optical performance by minimizing aberrations and distortion. Additionally, the Super Multi-Layer coating helps with flare and ghosting. This lens is also equipped with an Optical Stabilizer system, which compensates for up to 4 stops of shutter speed.
This large lens is designed to be used in some of the most trying conditions and is made from a durable and lightweight magnesium alloy. It is protected from dust and water and uses a brass bayonet mount. Filter users will appreciate a 46mm drop-in filter system while a rotating tripod collar is available for using the lens on a tripod or monopod. Additionally, the 500mm lens is fully compatible with Sigma's Global Vision teleconverter for getting an extended reach.
- As part of the Sports line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens' is designed to offer excellent optical performance, speed, and other customizable features that make it an ideal choice for wildlife, sports, action, and other fast-moving subjects.
- This super telephoto 500mm f/4 prime lens is designed for full-frame format Canon EF-mount cameras, and can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide an 800mm equivalent focal length.
- A relatively fast f/4 maximum aperture provides excellent illumination for a lens of this focal length.
- One SLD and two FLD elements have been incorporated within the lens design to correct for chromatic aberrations throughout the entire focusing range and help to ensure high image sharpness, clarity, and contrast regardless of focus point or aperture setting. This optical design also helps to control distortion and limit vignetting.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. A dedicated switch on the barrel of the lens provides multiple AF modes, including a focus recall setting and AF off. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time. Two manual focus modes are available, the standard AF/MF option and an MO setting that switches the lens into manual even during continuous AF.
- Optical Stabilizer system can compensate for approximately 4 stops of shutter speed for sharper images. Two modes are available, one for general use and one for panning, which uses Intelligent OS for more effective panning in any direction.
- Compatible with Sigma Global Vision Teleconverters, this lens can be extended into a 700mm f/5.6 lens with the 1.4x teleconverter or a 1000mm f/8 lens with the 2x teleconverter.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm helps to produce an attractive out-of-focus quality.
- Drop-in filter system works with 46mm filters. An optional RCP-11 Circular Polarizer filter is designed specifically for the lens and can be rotated while it is inserted.
- The lens barrel is constructed using a magnesium alloy that is lightweight and durable, which allows this lens to perform in a wide range of situations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability.
- The lens hood is made of carbon fiber, a lightweight but strong material that will perform in tough conditions.
- A rotating tripod foot helps keep this lens secure during shoots and features antistatic nickel plating to improve durability. It features click stops every 90° and can be turned off with a de-clicking switch for smooth movement. The lens also comes with a dedicated strap for the tripod foot which limits strain on the camera mount.
- Dust- and splash-proof construction with rubber sealing to protect the mount and a water- and oil-repellent coating on the front and rear elements.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
- Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sports Lens for EF Mount
- WR Protector
- LH1388-01 Lens Hood
- Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty