Sony FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM Lens
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Three Aspherical and Two XA Elements
- Nano AR Coating and Fluorine Coating
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF Motors
- Focus Hold Button; AF/MF Switch
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Eleven-Blade Circular Diaphragm
The Sony FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM Lens is a fast and flexible wide-angle zoom that is designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras. The Sony FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM Lens can be distinguished by its constant f/2.8 maximum aperture which provides consistent performance throughout the zoom range. It also benefits working in low-light conditions. The Sony FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM Lens features an optical design that incorporates two extra-low dispersion elements to reduce chromatic aberrations, as well as two XA elements and three aspherical elements to control spherical aberrations for a high degree of image sharpness and clarity. Additionally, a Nano AR coating has been applied to limit ghosting and lens flare for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
Complementing the optical assets, this lens is also notable for its inclusion of an 11-blade circular diaphragm to produce smooth, soft-edged bokeh with selective focus imagery. For controlling focus, two Direct Drive SSM AF groups are employed that are quick and quiet, and also lend more responsive control for manual focus operation. The lens also sports a dust- and moisture-sealed design to support shooting in inclement conditions and a dedicated focus hold button and AF/MF switch.
- As part of Sony's esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Additionally, these lenses feature robust and intuitive-to-handle physical designs to benefit both photography and cine applications.
- Wide-angle zoom designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras, this lens is also compatible with APS-C models where it provides a 24-52.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range for working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements and three aspherical elements are incorporated into the optical design, which feature superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other spherical aberrations.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements are featured in the lens design and help to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Two Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) autofocus groups offer quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance that is ideal for both stills and video applications.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures. Additionally, the front element has a fluorine coating to guard against fingerprints and dust from adhering to it.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.