- Paypal Credit
Lectrosonics SMWB Wideband Beltpack Audio Transmitter/Recorder (A1: 470 to 537 MHz)
- For Broadcast, EFP and ENG Applications
- Digital Hybrid Wireless Technology
- Alternate Recording Function
- 35 Hz to 20 kHz Frequency Range
- Runs on 1 x AA Battery (Included)
- 44 dB of Gain Range
- For Lavs, Dynamic Mics, or Line Levels
- Selectable High-Pass Filtering
- Built-In Limiter with 30 dB of GR
- Flexible Steel-Cable Antenna
The Lectrosonics SMWB Wideband Beltpack Transmitter/Recorder offer hands-free setup and adjustment using audible tones. Lectrosonics SMWB Transmitter/Recorder be put to sleep to conserve battery power during setup while buried inside costuming, then awakened for normal operation when the production begins. Other features include input gain adjustment in 1 dB increments over a 44 dB range and adjustable low-frequency audio roll-off for 3 dB down points at 35, 50, 70, 100, 120 or 150 Hz to control subsonic and very low-frequency audio content.
Operating in the A1: 470 to 537 MHz band, the transmitter offers selectable outputs to bolster its operating range, specifically among 25, 40, and 100mW. At lower values, the transmitter’s battery life will last longer; at higher values, the operating range is increased, though at the expense of battery life. Lightweight at 2.7 oz, the transmitter boasts settings which make it compatible with dynamic microphones, electret lavaliers, and even line-level sources—so long as they can plug into the TA5M 5-pin input connector.
Input gain adjustment is possible in 1 dB increments for a total range of 44 dB. You’ll also note the low-pass filters, which can be switched to roll off at 30, 50, 70, 120, or 150 Hz to mitigate low-end disturbances. This input section also boasts servo-bias input circuitry proprietary to Lectrosonics, as well as an analog limiter controlled with DSP that, sitting ahead of the mic preamp itself, protects the audio path from overload. With its dual-release envelope, it maintains acoustic transparency, even though it can achieve over 30 dB of gain reduction.
The Lectrosonics SMWB Wideband Transmitter/Recorder utilizes DSP that renders it suitable for use with all Lectrosonics Digital Hybrid receivers, though it is also backward compatible for use with 100 and 200 series transmitters, IFB receivers, and various analog receivers from third-party manufactures. The unit is powered by one AA battery, making use of switching power supplies to offer consistent voltages to its internal circuitry throughout its battery life. One AA battery is included.
Expanding the SMWB’s functionality is its built-in recording capability, for use when transmission is simply not possible due to the conditions of the environment. The recorder operates at 24-bit/44.1 kHz, recording .WAV files to microSDHC cards. As a transmitter, the SMWB supplies an audio frequency range of 35 Hz to 20 kHz, though during recording, that lower value extends down to 20 Hz. You cannot use the transmitter and the recorder simultaneously, but it’s nice to have the option to select between the two. The transmitter includes a flexible steel-cable antenna.
Key Features at a Glance
- Selectable output power to maximize battery life or operating range
- Lightweight, corrosion-resistant housing
- Water-resistant seals for use in damp environments
- LCD interface with lockout option
- Programmable compatibility modes for use with a wide variety of different receivers
- Servo-Bias input circuitry
- IR (infrared) port for fast setup
- Covers three standard frequency blocks
- Update firmware in the field via MicroSD card reader
- Can also be used as a recorder on internal microSDHC memory card
- Lectrosonics SMWB Wideband Beltpack Transmitter/Recorder (A1: 470 to 537 MHz)
- AA Lithium Battery
- Limited 1-Year Warranty