- Paypal Credit
Zoom F2 Ultracompact Field Recorder w/ Lavalier Mic
- Videographers, Podcasters, Vloggers
- Low-Profile Omnidirectional Lavalier Mic
- No Gain Adjustment Needed
- 32-Bit Float Distortion-Free Recording
- Locking 3.5mm Mic Input, Plug-In Power
- Hold Switch Averts Unintended Operation
- USB Power / 15 Hours via AAA Batteries
- microSD Card Recording / USB Transfer
- Easy One-Touch Controls, Low-Cut Filter
- Belt-Mount, Pocket-Friendly Design
The Zoom F2 Ultracompact Field Recorder w/ Lavalier Mic is designed to capture clear, high-quality dialog at a moment's notice! Bring this to your next video shoot, vlog, interview, or podcast to conveniently capture concise audio recordings. The Zoom F2 Portable Field Recorder maintains low-noise performance with its 32-bit float technology and F2 handles - saving you the task of adjusting gain. When using the Zoom F2 Field Recorder, you can use the hold switch to ensure the audio keeps recording without any interruption. With its belt-mount and pocket-friendly placement, the Zoom F2 was made to be taken anywhere!
The simplicity of the F2 ensures that the mic will never disrupt your workflow. After your shoot, drop your files onto a computer via USB, then use the supplied Steinberg WaveLab Cast software to edit, enhance, and export your audio.
Low-Profile Lapel Mic with Locking Connector
Attach the included lavalier microphone to your subject with the supplied mic clip, then connect its 3.5mm plug–equipped cable to the input of the F2; the locking connection inhibits unintended disconnects. The microphone's omnidirectional polar pattern delivers consistent audio pickup from all directions, yielding dependable voice capture even as the subject turns their head or the microphone changes position. Also, three windscreens are supplied for easy reduction of light wind noise.
Automatic Distortion-Free Audio
The F2 utilizes 32-bit float recording technology to capture intensely loud signals without overloading the A/D converters and bring in extremely quiet sounds without overwhelming noise, all without requiring any gain adjustment from you. Record with confidence knowing that you can just connect the microphone and start recording to attain crisp, clear dialog.
High-Quality Recording Settings
The F2 boasts two high-quality recording resolutions to choose from—32-bit / 44.1 kHz or 32-bit / 48 kHz, both in mono uncompressed BWF (Broadcast Wave File) format. No data compression means that no quality is lost in the creation of the audio files. Use the onboard 80 Hz low-cut filter to reduce rumble and bass buildup in your recordings.
Record Direct to microSD Cards
Maximize portability by recording directly to a microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC card (available separately) for up to 512GB of storage space.
Mic Input with Plug-In Power
The F2 can accommodate mic-level signals via its locking 3.5mm mini-jack input. Since it supplies 2.5V plug-in power, you're free to use common condenser mics such as lavaliers, headsets, and earsets.
Headphone/Line Output with Volume Control
A locking 3.5mm stereo output jack with dedicated volume up/down buttons enables straightforward routing to your camera, DSLR, secondary recorder, or even headphones for easy monitoring.
Power for Hours
To keep up with the pace of on-location production, the F2 can be powered via two AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, a Zoom AD-17 power adapter (available separately), or a USB Type-C battery pack (available separately). With up to 15 hours of run time on AAA batteries, all-day shoots are no problem for the F2.
USB File Transfers and Settings Editor
The F2 Editor lets you adjust settings, format SD cards, and more from your Mac or Windows computer. Since the F2 has a USB Type-C port, simply connect it to your computer via a USB cable (available separately) and launch the editor. The USB connection also makes it easy to transfer files to your computer.
Intuitive Controls and LED Indication
Intuitive one-touch buttons—record, play, stop, and volume up/down— provide fast, hassle-free operations with no menus to wade through. LEDs are provided for clear indication of audio level, battery status, and power.
Hold Function Inhibits Accidental Interruptions
Flip the power switch down to the Hold position to engage the Hold function, which prevents interruptions to the recording caused by accidental button presses.
The F2 is equipped with a high-precision internal clock (±3ppm) to avoid audio and video syncing issues.
Low Profile and Lightweight
With its minimalist profile, the lightweight F2 attaches neatly on belts and waistbands, or can be slipped into a pocket so the recorder can be easily concealed.
Free Editing Software
The Zoom F2 includes a free download license for Steinberg’s WaveLab Cast software, which helps you finalize your project with an array of comprehensive editing, mixing, and refinement tools.
- Podcasting: WaveLab Cast connects you directly with podcast directories, such as Spreaker or Podbean. You can upload episodes quickly, plus directly create and publish RSS feeds.
- Audio for Video: Import your video file and WaveLab Cast will automatically extract the audio. You can use the editing tools to lower unwanted noise, change levels, and remove loud sibilants. Metering options allow you to build new tracks, fade-in your music, and use EQ and compression. Re-attach the audio to the video file using WaveLab Cast’s export functions.
- Field Recording: WaveLab Cast supports up to 96 kHz audio quality and includes a high-end re-sampler. RestoreRig removes noise and unwanted sounds. You can assemble new files using the snap functions and crossfade options. Once you’re done, export your sound files in any popular audio format.
- Zoom F2 Ultracompact Portable Field Recorder with Lavalier Microphone
- LMF-2 Lavalier Microphone
- 3 x WSL-1 Windscreens
- Zoom MCL-1 Clip for LMF-2 Lavalier Microphone
- Steinberg WaveLab Cast Software (Download)
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Zoom F2 Specs