- Paypal Credit
Sound Devices - MixPre-6 II Audio Recorder
- For Location Recording, Filmmaking & VR
- 32-Bit Recording / 142 dB Dynamic Range
- Record up to 192 kHz
- 4 x High-Gain, Low-Noise Mic Preamps
The Sound Devices - MixPre-6 II Audio Recorder is capable of recording up to six tracks of external sources (four channels via XLR-1/4" combo jacks and two channels via a 3.5mm mini jack) plus a stereo mix at up to 32-bit / 192 kHz while monitoring your audio headphones.
The Sound Devices - MixPre-6 II Audio Recorder offers many upgrades over its predecessor. Chief among these features is the ability to record at 32-bit floating point. This makes it nearly impossible for you to clip (distort) audio on the way in. Whether you're recording hot or making use of the unit's astounding 142 dB dynamic range, you'll only be handicapped by the quality of your microphone.
Other improvements include the ability to auto-copy recorded tracks to USB thumb drives, making file transfers a breeze. Lovers of sync will revel in a handy new feature: a full-fledged, built-in timecode generator, accurate to better than 0.2 ppm (0.5 frames in 24 hours). Even when powered off, the MixPre-6 II maintains accurate timecode for up to four hours.
All of this is available in a six-channel package that can be powered from wall chargers, computers, AA batteries, or Sony L-series batteries. Whether you use the device in an advanced or basic capacity, the MixPre-6 II will suit any intimate, field-based production.
Like the original unit, the MixPre-6 II offers class-A Kashmir mic preamps. All inputs are fully RF-filtered to keep interference out.
Audio Interface Functionality
When connected to a Mac or Windows computer, the MixPre-6 II can serve as an 8-input / 4-output USB audio interface for your favorite audio recording software. The unit will record six tracks in isolation and provide a stereo mix of all six channels to boot.
USB Audio Input
Stream up to four tracks into the unit over USB, using the MixPre-6 II as a recorder from your host device. If you're a musician, you can utilize this feature to record a stereo mix from your host DAW as a backing track for further standalone recording.
A Cornucopia of Connections
Adjust on the Fly
Built-In Timecode Generator & Bluetooth Control
Transport and Mounting Options
Key Features at a Glance
- Kashmir microphone preamps with 48V phantom power
- Internal timecode generator
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Bit depths up to 32-bit float
- Adjustable limiters
- SD card recording and reading
- Backup to USB drive
- 10 seconds of pre-roll at 48 kHz
- USB control surface support
- Customize with plugins
- Add low cut, high pass, delay, polarity invert, and panning
- Simultaneous recording, mixing, and USB audio streaming
- Trigger record via timecode or HDMI timecode
- Bluetooth for wireless control via Wingman app
- Basic, Advanced, and custom modes
- High-fidelity headphone amplifier
- Sound Devices MixPre-6 II 6-Channel / 8-Track Multitrack 32-Bit Field Recorder
- Sound Devices MX-4AA Battery Sled for MixPre-3 and MixPre-6
- Sound Devices MX-Charge AC Power Supply for MixPre-3 and MixPre-6
- Limited 1-Year Warranty with 1-Year Extension upon Registration