- Paypal Credit
Tiffen 138mm Ultra Pol Linear Polarizer Filter (Non-Rotating)
- 138mm White-Water Ultra-Pol, Linear Polarizer
- Extract the maximum of unwanted glare from the scene
- Render crisp white clouds against a dramatically dark blue sky
- Suitable for virtually all situations
- Rotating the Ultra Pol varies the effect to meet your needs
The Tiffen 138MM Round Ultra Polarizer Linear WW (DI) Filter: - yet another Tiffen advance, helping cinematographers and videographers realize their creative vision. Tiffen Linear Ultra Pol and Circular Ultra Pol filters offer the best polarization effects available for professional motion picture and television work.
They extract the maximum of unwanted glare from the scene and render crisp white clouds against a dramatically dark blue sky, like never before. Distracting reflections from water and windows become invisible with the magic of the Ultra Pol filter.
Ultra Pols get the most from any scene that calls for a polarizer. Some camera-related optics, like a video tap, employ a partially silvered mirror, or beamsplitter. This may require the use of a Circular Ultra Pol, which places a clear, quarter-wave retarder on the camera side of the filter, effectively de-polarizing the light being recorded, after the image enhancement is done.
There is a total filter factor of about 4, requiring an increase of 2 stops for normal exposure. This filter is constructed from Water White glass and made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass, grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, and then mounting to precision metal rings. The non-rotating design of this filter is best-suited for use with lens hoods, adapters, or other rings for rotational control over the polarizing substrate.
- Compared to a standard polarizer, the Ultra Pol design strives to increase the polarizing effect for enhanced reduction of reflections and greater color saturation.
- Arrange and filter directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Lessens haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° from the sun.
- Water White optical glass for excellent clarity.
- Non-rotating design is best-suited to use with lens hoods or adapter rings in order to best control the polarizing effect of the filter.
Circular Ultra Pol filters are suitable for virtually all situations; Linear Ultra Pol filters excel in traditional applications. Rotating the Ultra Pol varies the effect to meet your needs. They are available in our wide array of sizes and require 1-2/3 stop exposure compensation. Tiffen precision crafted filters are the overwhelming choice of film and video professionals around the world. their superior quality is backed by the Tiffen ten-year warranty.