Tiffen 138mm Low Light Linear Polarizer Filter
- 138mm Low Light Linear Polarizer Filter
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare
- Allows for the absorption of much of the light
- Provides more saturated, vivid colors
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun
- Constructed using Tiffen's ColorCore technology
The 138MM LowLight Linear Polarizer Filter can be used as an 85 substitution outdoors in low light when using tungsten based film. With no filter factor, the LLD filter will save you a 1/3 stop over that of an 85 filter.
The 138MM LowLight Linear Polarizer Self Rotating (SR) Filter is the most popular special effect filter available. Polarizers can create deep blue skies, provide a general saturation to all colors, reduce glare, and minimize reflections. Screw-in Polarizers are featured with rotating mounts for precise control of polarization. It can also be used as an adjustable Neutral density filter, with up to two stops loss with full polarization.
- Low light polarizer is less dense than a standard polarizer, allowing for greater light transmission and more versatility when working in darker conditions.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarizing filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Constructed using Tiffen's ColorCore technology.
Tiffen Tip: Polarizing filters achieve different effects depending on the photographer's position to the sun. To get maximum darkening of the sky, the photographer stands sideways to the sun (shoulders point to it) with the sun fairly close to the horizon. As he or she turns toward or away from the sun, the darkening is lessened. When the sun is directly overhead, only a small part of the sky near the horizon can be darkened.
The Polarizer also removes unwanted reflections in highly reflective surfaces such as on cars or windows. CAT
Type: Linear low light polarizer