- Paypal Credit
Tiffen 4.5" Round Ultra Pol Linear Mounted Polarizer Filter
- 4.5" White-Water Ultra-Pol, Linear Polarizer
- Extract the maximum of unwanted glare from the scene
- Render crisp white clouds against a dramatically dark blue sky
- Suitable for virtually all situations
- Rotating the Ultra Pol varies the effect to meet your needs
Tiffen 4.5" Round Ultra Pol Linear Mounted Polarizer Filter extract the maximum of unwanted glare from the scene and render crisp white clouds against a dramatically dark blue sky, like never before. Distracting reflections from water and windows become invisible with the magic of the Ultra Pol filter.
Ultra Pols get the most from any scene that calls for a polarizer. Some camera-related optics, like a video tap, employ a partially silvered mirror, or beamsplitter. This may require the use of a Circular Ultra Pol, which places a clear, quarter-wave retarder on the camera side of the filter, effectively de-polarizing the light being recorded, after the image enhancement is done.
There is a total filter factor of about 4, requiring an increase of 2 stops for normal exposure. This filter is constructed from Water White glass and made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch. This filter measures 4.5" / 114.3mm in diameter and is mounted within a metal ring.
- Compared to a standard polarizer, the Ultra Pol design strives to increase the polarizing effect for enhanced reduction of reflections and greater color saturation.
- Arrange and filter directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Lessens haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° from the sun.
- Water White optical glass for excellent clarity.
Tiffen W412SRUPOL 4.5" Round Ultra Pol Linear Mounted Polarizer Filter
Type: Linear polarizer