The Zacuto Cine EVF Recoil Rig is a Next Generation Recoil rig. The Zacuto Cine EVF Recoil Rig is designed to offer optimal balance and comfort when using this rig over your shoulder, or on a tripod. When purchasing the Zacuto Cine EVF Recoil Rig, you will receive the VCT Universal Baseplate, a Zgrip Z-Mount Zwivel Handgrip, and a Recoil Handle.
VCT Universal Baseplate
The Zacuto VCT Universal Baseplate is designed to work with virtually any camera to shoot from hand held to tripod without changing mounting plates. The baseplate features vertically adjustable 15mm LWS rod clamps with spring-loaded locking levers and rear mounted screw thread sockets for 15mm rods. The spring-loaded rod clamps are set far back to further adjust your camera and keep balance of your rig. The curved shoulder pad is contoured for comfort and is made of soft-polymer gel.
The VCT Universal Baseplate features a V-lock plate along with rods of 1/4"-20 mounting threads along the sides for accessories. The sliding track of the rod riser offers 0.87" of vertical adjustment. The plate attaches to any VCT14 QR tripod adapter system.
- Designed to work with virtually any camera
- Enables you to go from hand held/shoulder shooting to tripod shooting without changing mounting plates
- Attaches to any VCT14 QR tripod adapter system
- Vertically adjustable 15mm LWS rod clamps with spring-loaded locking levers
- Rear mounted screw thread sockets for 15mm rods following the Light Weight Rod Standard (LWS) of 60mm on-center distance between rods
Zgrip Z-Mount Zwivel Handgrip
The Zgrip Z-Mount Zwivel is an articulating handgrip that comes with a black 4.5 inch rod and a Z-Mount Zwivel. It easily mounts to any 15mm rod with the quick-release handgrip. The Zwivel allows you to change the angle between the two 15mm rods. The Zwivel has one lever which controls the both 15mm holes. In order to change the angle of the rods, just loosen the single lever and the internal spring separates the parts for you to adjust to the desired angle.
- The Zwivel allows you to change the angle between two 15mm rods by loosening the single lever that controls both the 15mm holes.
- The Handgrip supports all 15mm rods with the quick release handgrip.
- The integrated spring separates the parts for you to achieve the desired angle between the rods.
The Zacuto Recoil Handle is a maple-wood-lined handgrip that mounts to a Z-Rail or compatible mounting rail. This provides a comfortable yet secure handle for your camera rig, and the rail-style mounting allows you to adjust the handle along the length of the rail to improve your rigs balance. It features two cold shoe mounts (one vertical and one horizontal) and secures both mounts with a single lever. The integrated 1/4"-20 threaded mounting hole, and 15mm rod clamps further expand on the Recoil Handle's usefulness.
Machined aluminum construction provides a balance of strength and weight, and the unit is anodized for corrosion and wear resistance. Large, spring-loaded locking levers provide a good grip and the capability of tightening the clamps without rotating the levers throughout the entire 360° range.
- The Recoil Handle clamps securely along the length of a Zacuto Z-Rail, allowing you to adjust the balance of your camera or camera rig. In addition to the Z-Rail, the handle is compatible with a variety of rails including: NATO, SWAT, RED, Picatinny, and Wooden Camera. You can mount the handle with the cold shoes or the rod clamps.
- The maple-wood grip linings remain cool in hot weather and are generally considered to be more comfortable to hold. The wood is tooled to provide finger slots for increased comfort and grip.
- The two cold shoes incorporate built-in stoppers and a single lever clamps both shoes simultaneously, securing your accessories. A 1/4"-20 accessory mounting point is threaded into the side of the cold shoe mounts.
- Two offset 15mm rod clamps allow you to mount rods at right angles to each other. Each rod clamp features its own spring-loaded locking lever.