Zacuto Gratical HD Indie Recoil with Dual Grips Bundle
- Shoulder Rig for DSLR and Mirrorless
- Gratical HD Micro OLED EVF
- Axis Mini EVF Mount
- 360° Adjustable Dual-Handgrip System
- VCT Pro Baseplate with 15mm Rods
- Half Cage Rail for VCT Baseplate
- Top Handle with Z-Rail and Cold Shoe
- 1/4"-20 Threads and Rosette Mounts
- Made in the USA
The Zacuto Gratical HD Indie Recoil with Dual Grips Bundle is a kit that was put together offering dual 360° rotating wooden handgrips, as well as the Gratical HD Micro OLED EVF. The wooden handgrips help with secure shoulder-mounted operating, while the Gratical HD provides pro-style monitoring for your DSLR, mirrorless camera, or a wide variety of other cameras that are compatible with this bundle.
This rig also includes the Axis Mini EVF mount which connects your Gratical HD to the rig, the QR Riser with Gorilla Plate and Tripod Dock to raise your camera to the level of your matte box, the VCT Pro baseplate, the Half Cage Rail with 5" Z-Rail for VCT Pro, and the Top Handle with Z-Rail and cold shoe mount for mounting accessories.
Zacuto Indie Recoil with Dual Trigger Grips
The Zacuto Indie Recoil with Dual Trigger Grips is a shoulder rig that is compatible with a wide variety of cameras, but the way the rig is built makes it specifically suitable for mirrorless cameras and DSLRs. When purchasing this unit, you will receive the Zacuto VCT Pro Baseplate, as well as the QR Riser, the Dual Wooden Trigger Grips, a Half Cage Rail, and the Axis Mini EVF Mount. To ensure that the rig is balanced correctly, Zacuto put this rig together following their Recoil Rig philosophy. This means that the balance point is placed directly over your shoulder. The camera body is behind your shoulder, which relocates focus, monitoring, and camera controls forward. This system makes for a lighter, shorter, and properly balanced rig.
The VCT Pro plate supports the camera and features 10" of forward/back balance adjustment. It includes 15mm rods and rod clamps for rod-mounted accessories. The VCT Pro also enables your rig to go from your shoulder to tripod and back without removing accessories. The QR Riser allows you to raise your DSLR or mirrorless camera to the proper height to use rod-mounted accessories. The Dual Trigger Grips provide left and right handgrips and feature ARRI-standard rosettes for mounting, with levers that allow you to easily adjust the length and angle of the arms and the rotation of the wooden handgrips. The half cage attaches to the VCT Pro to provide protection and accessory mounting points to your shoulder rig. It features a wooden handgrip and top Z-Rail which allows you to mount the included Top Handle with built-in Z-Rail and cold shoe mount for increased ergonomics and accessory mounting.
Zacuto Gratical HD Micro OLED EVF
The Zacuto Gratical HD Micro OLED EVF is a powerful viewfinder that provides an extended contrast range, high pixel density, and unparalleled resolution. Supporting 5.4 million pixels on a 0.61" diagonal screen with a contrast ratio of 10,000:1 and 24-bit RGB color depth, the Gratical HD delivers a sharp color accurate image. The Micro-OLED high-quality display features 16.7 million colors, 2687.21 PPI, and full 1280x1024 HD resolution. Along with the crisp display, the viewfinder comes packed with a ton of video procession features sporting some not even found on larger EVFs or cameras.
Color processing, zebra stripes, audio meters, LUT import and editing are just a few of the features packed on the Zacuto Gratical HD Micro OLED EVF. Combined with other effects such as peaking, false color and test pattern generation, the EVF incorporates a robust suite of processing features that make capturing the perfect shot quick and easy. Use the four programmable buttons to map frequently-used features to save even more time.
Utilizing the independent display and output of the device allows for different LUTs to be viewed and downstreamed simultaneously. Various grids and scopes allow you to analyze and evaluate your shot to a high degree of precision. The waveform provides analytics for brightness while the vectorscope checks the phase of your colors. The histogram determines exposure values and peaking highlights which parts of the image are the sharpest.
Other features of the Gratical HD include HDMI, HD-SDI and cross conversion connections and ARRI compatible rosette 1/4"-20.
- The 1280 x 1024 resolution of the OLED allows it to display a 1280 x 720 image and various diagnostic displays without needing to overlay the signals over the image. You can adjust the position of your image and displays to what suits you best, or you can also choose to overlay the diagnostic signals on the image.
- You can create and store LUTS within the EVF and apply individual LUTS to either or both the EVF display and the downstream video.
- The OLED display and outputs are independent of each other, which means you can display the video signal with one LUT on the EVF and send the video signal with a different LUT to an external monitor. Likewise, you can display the various test signals and diagnostic signals either on both the EVF on a downstream monitor or either one or the other.
- Weather resistant covers prevent moisture or debris from getting in open ports.
- You can choose to display audio meters in the EVF.
- LUTs, test patterns, scope displays, and other display functions can be displayed in the EVF or simultaneously on the downstream video. You can select to have the EVF and the downstream video display different LUTs and/or display functions as well.
Test Patterns & Diagnostic Signals
- The waveform provides an objective evaluation of your video signal. It displays the brightness of your image on an IRE scale, allowing you to see if your image will clip and where your black levels are.
- The Vectorscope displays the signal on a graph so you can check the phase of your colors. The Vectorscope function also verifies and checks the overall tint and hue of an image.
- The Historgram view allows you to see where your pixels are distributed in the spectrum of black to white, providing a quick way to see where your exposure values fall. You can choose to display the Histogram as either RGB or Luma.
The False Color feature provides under/over luminance warning by presenting the image as a series of color values representing exposure.
Peaking highlights the sharpest (most in focus) areas of the image with a color outline.
Provides a crawling black and white pattern overlaying areas that exceed the brightness levels you select.
You can store frames within the EVF to recall them at a later time. You can also adjust the transparency of the frame store and superimpose it on the current view when you need to align shots.
Test Pattern Generation
The EVF can generate color bars and a Macbeth color chart
Zacuto Axis Mini EVF Mount
The Zacuto Axis Mini EVF Mount is an ENG-style mount. It attaches to the top of your camera setup, which allows you all the room you need if you are working with a large lens, or need to adjust the focus. The Axis Mini allows you to attach a rosette-mounted EVF to your camera. To attach this EVF Mount to your rig, you need a 15mm rod port. The other side of the mount connects to EVFs, such as the Gratical HD or the Gratical Eye. The secure 1/4"-20 rosette mount is used to attach the EVF.
Once attached, the Axis Mini's adjustable design utilizes four main pivoting points, which can spin a full 360° and are controlled using independent tension levers. With all levers unlocked, you can freely position the EVF at will using a single hand, or specific sections can be tightened down for fine-tuned adjustments on a single axis. Additionally, the articulation can be configured to work seamlessly with both shoulder-mounted rigs as well as for tripod-based shooting.
Zacuto VCT Pro Baseplate
Zacuto QR Riser
Zacuto Wooden Dual Trigger Grips
Zacuto Halfcage Rail for Zacuto VCT Universal Baseplate
Zacuto Top Handle with Z-Rail and Cold Shoe Mount
Zacuto Gratical HD Micro OLED EVF
Zacuto Axis Mini EVF Mount